any feel for what a new canon IP4500 is worth ??

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
bsanotrun said:
ghwellsjr said:
bsanotrun said:
Hmm Ebay :)
i have just bought an Ip4000R for 10 ( about $16) it came with 5 full genuine canon ink carts installed and 5 new genuine spare.
The "R" version of the iP4000 is quite rare because it has wireless built-in. I managed to pick one up last year for $20 and it is my main printer, especially now that the computer that I used as a print server for my MP760 died a couple weeks ago.
Yes i have been trying to get it going with both wireless and networked to my router
im a good mechanic, but PC networking and IP addressing is driving me NUTS at the moment.

Mike
You have to first hook it up via USB to your computer and use software on the installation disk to configure it (or enable it or something, I can't remember). Do you have the installation CD?

Paul Verizzo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4500, 9000 MK II, PRO-
A long time ago in real estate law class, a Fair Market Value was determined as "A willing buyer and a willing seller agreeing on a price." The caveat, of course, is that there isn't something going on like foreclosure, behind the scenes deals, etc.

As already mentioned, eBay Complete Auctions is the place to go for FMV of almost anything. Completed Auctions only lists the last 30 days, so one may or may not find a lot of comps, to use the real estate appraiser's term. And when you do, it behooves you to look at each one and see if there is a reason why, perhaps, the price was much higher or lower than the median. Parts only? NIB?

Frankly, for something as common as a good Canon printer, I start selling at 99 cents. There are so many people who would be looking for this that the ending price will be FMV. Now, having said that, pump it up as best as you accurately can, maybe make mention of the last of the refillable Canon carts, put something like "Similar to ip4300, ip4500" etc in the listing to snag buyers of those similar models. (I think those are, don't hold me to that!)

Good luck.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Ebay gives a good chance of selling at the price you want. There maybe steals here there but if you insist in the price you want and if it is not ridiculously unreasonable there will be reasonable people who will be willing to pay. I would give it a try by starting at least $150 with a best offer option for people to make an offer below $150. A new ip4500 is a treasure. There will be people willing to pay for it. Ip4300 could go as high as $150 too.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Just missed purchasing a new, unused, sealed in factory box, ip4500 for $50 on Craig's list in Fremont California. Apparently these have been given with a purchase - possibly of a camera. I didn't check Craigs list day before yesterday, and when I went on yesterday and responded, the printer was already sold. I usually don't offer to buy anything that is outside of SF as it would be a waste of time to go check out something that would take a two hour round trip, but this one would have been worth it.

l_d_allan

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
jimbo123 said:
i have a brand new canon IP4500 that i bought a few years ago as a backup, now may be looking to sell it.
Curious if you decided what to do, and what, if anything, happened ...

jimbo123

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
MP830 MP980
still have the brand new IP4500.

its a tough call whether to sell since the new ones aren't as high quality or have the easy to refill carts.

always willing to listen to offers.

J

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Printers: Canon MP830, IP4500, MX700, MX860, MP980
Method: German Durchstich Method
Ink: Hobbicolors ink, PMT-BK, UW8
Misc: Squeeze bottles - so much easier than syringes