An even easier way to Defeat The EPSON One Way Ink Valve!

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Hi José,

many thanks for the information. I will try to modify my set of original cartridges and I was the first one having an Epson Pro 3800/3880 resetter, so hopefully it will work. I did not like the complicated process of disassembling the cartridge.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Well there are PROs and CONs to it.
If you strip down the Valve ( Which I can now do with my eyes closed ) you can clearly see where to direct the pin to push the rear cap off from one of the two holding dimples/posts.

If you do it the simpler way that just discovered, you are basically operating blind. Did I say I could do it with my eyes closed? I take that back!

Have you ever taken one of the valves apart and separated from the ink bag?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
No never actually, I might have a try and experiment on an old cartridge.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I'll try to post a pic of the parts and what the inside of the ink bag looks like.

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Yes that would work but you'd have to dull that point a bit! one wrong move and you would puncture the ink bag and So long Cart!

I will get some, they should work perfectly after dulling the tip down. Thanks!

Joe

No problem :) They are also sometimes known as "Safety Pins" you can get them in various sizes, this picture gives an idea of just a few of the sizes....
129969-425x277-safetypins.jpg

A whole box of the things should cost less than a few ponds/dollars/euros etc

You could also try something called a "T-Pin" also in various sizes....
tpin.gif

These will be harder to find though in an actual local store.

Oh and finally the other half (in fact credit to her for most of these ideas, you didn't think my mind instantly thought of sewing supplies and baby diaper pins did you :lol:) suggests these for if you ever want to try to pull the valve back in place....

Knitted-Suit-Weaving-Tools-Knitting-Needle-Metallic-Crochet-Needle-22-pcs-Leather-Case-Multi-color-Silver.jpg

These are called "Crochet Needles" personally i think you will have a hard time finding one which is narrow/thin enough to pass through the valve and hook the T piece you describe in the cartridge though.

Very thin ones the same gauge as a typical sewing needle can be found but expect a fair hunt around for them.

Anyways theres a few ideas, now over something that started out about a manly hacking of a printer cart i have a woman sat here thinking of babies and filling the place with sewing supplies....... OH *self censored bleeping* joy. :barnie

Last edited:

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
This thread is useful, of this there is no doubt... Incidentally @jtoolman just had a UK viewer of your youtube videos quoting you as a $deity-send and asking for relevant refill parts/tools so it seems you're a global phenomenum now :)
Anyways theres a few ideas, now over something that started out about a manly hacking of a printer cart i have a woman sat here thinking of babies and filling the place with sewing supplies....... OH *self censored bleeping* joy. :barnie
Now that is funny!...

... and a thought for me to consider *looks carefull around*... Phew! Wife at work! ;)

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Now that is funny!...

... and a thought for me to consider *looks carefull around*... Phew! Wife at work! ;)

Oh @websnail if your female half is anything like mine you are already screwed she has seen your warehouse of printer pottys and instantly calculated one per baby :gig Be careful with your response also otherwise the stock of ink flush fluid may be used to poison your tea :ep

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@CakeHole and if that doesn’t work, I’ve still got that lovely cake I can send to his misses, P&P will be EXTRA..

upload_2014-7-6_20-46-41-png.1415

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
@CakeHole and if that doesn’t work, I’ve still got that lovely cake I can send to his misses, P&P will be EXTRA..

upload_2014-7-6_20-46-41-png.1415

Cheeky bugger :gig You are spose to kill us mere mortals in conventional manners now you have that moderating power.

EDIT: Please wait at least a month i may need some more ink from @websnail first Ive been printing a lot recently :D

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Oh @websnail if your female half is anything like mine you are already screwed she has seen your warehouse of printer pottys and instantly calculated one per baby :gig Be careful with your response also otherwise the stock of ink flush fluid may be used to poison your tea :ep
Never a truer word spoken but if it helps, my dearest betrothed is pursuing a sibling for our (now 5!) son so it may not be poison but some exotic aphrodisiac instead.

I shall bear this burden as best I can... besides I'd quite like another little nipper, even if I'm wise enough to know what that means now. :fl