Advice for pixma MP990

kerman

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Dont like the idea about the top lid permanently open. Spiderman, did you consider to drill the printer to avoid this? Does Rihac instructions support for this installation way?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Sorry SpideRMaN
I didnt mean to confuse anyone, but what I really meant to say was after the installation was complete and your sure everything is running smooth. Then go for it..

SpideRMaN

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
I understand.

Unfortunetly to install a ciss one has to leave the lid partially open in these MP's :(

kerman

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
What about drilling?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
SpideRMaN
When I install a CISS on a printer I follow the instructions very carefully But then spend a lot of time fiddling with the tubing to see if I can get the thing working better ( left right centre ) then I only leave it alone when I think Ive got it right. ( Not always )..

kerman

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
SpideRMaN
Wher did you get the AutoReset chips for the CISS?

paulvu2

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
When the lid does not completely close, the printer pops up "Cover open" error message. Could you tell me where the switch is or how to disable that error message.
Thanks.

l_d_allan

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
pharmacist said:
I do not like CISS with Canon, had very bad experience with them and the latest Canon printers are made in such a manner, using a CISS is very difficult and keeping it working for a long periode without problems is almost none existing.
I'm ignorant about CISS, but I'm not at all tempted to try it with a Pro 9000-2 or other CLI-8 based printer. At least for photos rather than text.

I've got what I think will be some serious printing coming up this summer ... from 300 to 1000+ letter size color photos in 3 or 4 days while also taking thousands of pictures at a "Kids Camp" with 300 campers. Then a somewhat smaller youth camp two weeks later, and another, larger youth camp a month later.

I anticipate having my on-location cabin stocked with 2 sets of Red/Green, 4+ sets of PM and PC, and 4 sets of C, M, Y, and Black. I think with a well-thought-out workflow, squeeze bottles with blunt needles and sheath cover, a lot of practice between now and then, several dish drainers for drying, and an assistant or two, I can get overall throughput that won't be that much less than using CISS.

Or not? It could resemble a "one armed paper hanger" in action :rolleyes:

And if I am not way over the "duty cycle" of the 9000-2 and burn it out ??? I'm working on getting an ip4500 for backup. Or iP9900?

I've never used an inkjet for text, but my speculation is that CISS + Canon printer based on CLI-8 carts + PGI-5BK cart makes more sense for text, but less for photos.