A fair deal on empty BCI carts

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Don't you also need some BCI-3eBK's? And it doesn't look like you're going to get too many magentas.

I just purchased eBay item 120808225863 which includes BCI-3eBk and had a pretty even mix of all the common types including a few Greens and Reds. The price is less than 20 cents each compared to almost 37 cents for the other listing. It even had three cartridges that were full and still had the tape and orange cap intact. They're all thrown together in one box and dirty but I didn't mind.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I do this and after I get my maximum number of full sets of whatever type, I take the rest of them and turn them in to Staples for $2 EACH future store credit.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
having an uneven mix of color of empty bci-carts isn't a problem as the printer doesn't recognize carts by a specific color like cli-8's or the other carts with chips. It is convenient to put the same color ink into a cart labeled with the same color, but it isn't a necessity as any cart can hold any color ink. Of course, the exception is the bci3e-bk that contains black pigmented ink.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
ghwellsjr said:
Don't you also need some BCI-3eBK's? And it doesn't look like you're going to get too many magentas.
The seller will include 12 BCI-3eBK's for $12...but my i960 and i9900 don't use them.

Wayne

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
jtoolman said:
I do this and after I get my maximum number of full sets of whatever type, I take the rest of them and turn them in to Staples for $2 EACH future store credit.
Are you saying that you can take more than ten cartridges to Staples and they will apply the credit for many months in the future? Like if I give them the box of 600 cartridges, I will get an email coupon for $20 every month for the next 5 years?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
turbguy said:
ghwellsjr said:
The seller will include 12 BCI-3eBK's for $12...but my i960 and i9900 don't use them.

Wayne
But your MP730 uses BCI-3eBk's, doesn't it?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
fotofreek said:
having an uneven mix of color of empty bci-carts isn't a problem as the printer doesn't recognize carts by a specific color like cli-8's or the other carts with chips. It is convenient to put the same color ink into a cart labeled with the same color, but it isn't a necessity as any cart can hold any color ink. Of course, the exception is the bci3e-bk that contains black pigmented ink.
If you do that, you spend a lot of time purging and cleaning the old ink out of the cartridges. I have plenty of old cartridges but the whole reason why I'm getting new virgin cartridges is so that I don't have to purge them, especially for the pigment black BCI-3eBk cartridges. I never had any problem with refilled cartridges clogging until I started refilling them a second time (after they had dried out). I refill for other people and by the time I get the empties back, they are pretty well dried out. Refilling for other people is the reason I want to have the correct labels on them.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
No, 10 carts a month is the limit unless your are a power buyer ( $$$ ) then there is no limit. I am in the 10 a month category.
Still not bad every month so I can get stuff I need every few months. The problems is that the reward coupons do expire. But it's still good.
Before I left my job I cleaned up hundreds of all carts my offices had accumulated and made $1000 out of that over a few years.