5C00 error or reset ip6600D waste ink?

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I had this 5C00 error pop up after I tore apart my i960 for the first time. This forum is INVALUABLE!

The unit stopped printing all colors, even a service print came out blank! Seems the purge unit needed cleaning, which is why I tore it apart. I washed out the ink pads (somehwqat of a messy job).

Hint, the pads dry much faster if you microwave them a minute at a time! This really drives off the water after washing.

During drying, I cleaned (windex works wonders) and inspected the purge unit. Found a small hose disconnected. Hmmm.... Reconneded and put a pad of toilet tissue under the purge unit discharge. Tuurned here on and the ceramic pad picked up a lot of ink out of the head, and the code 5C00 came up! Hmm...

Turns out the tissue paper pad got soaked in ink, and the tissue got wrapped up in the cams (blocking the sensor) I pulled out the tissue, and the error cleared. Prints a GREAT service test print, too!

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
turbguy,... You did a great piece of work there. I'm sure you're happy with you i960.... one of the best ever. I think once others read your post they will understand how easy it is to block the purge unit from doing a cycle, and that will give the 5c00 error. I had a similar problem the other day with one of my iP4200. One of the pads came up out the holder and block the purge unit cycle. I had to get the cover off and manually move the carriage out of the park spot to see the problem. ONce I put the pad back and cycled the purge unit, all error codes went away.

Thanks again for you post. I'm sure it will help others.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Thanx or your comments...it GREAT to have my printer back!

Tom Hock

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Need some help! I have a iP6600D and I would like to print a EEPROM and TEST page but I don't know how to get into the Service Mode. I know the sequence of using the Power and Resume buttons on my i850 printer, but there is no "RESUME" buttom on the iP6600D. Would you kind people tell me what button is used for "RESUME". Thanks.

Xalky

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Tom Hock said:
Need some help! I have a iP6600D and I would like to print a EEPROM and TEST page but I don't know how to get into the Service Mode. I know the sequence of using the Power and Resume buttons on my i850 printer, but there is no "RESUME" buttom on the iP6600D. Would you kind people tell me what button is used for "RESUME". Thanks.
Here's a little tutorial that shows how to set up your printer for cd printing but there's also the procedure for entering the Service mode.http://damnprinter.com/137/canon-mp500-mp800-mp830-mp950-and-ip6600.html

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Tom,... The Stop/Reset button on the iP6600D is the same as the Resume button in all of the instruction. all other function work the same.