Which ink?

ahinterl

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I used Peach ink as replacement for my Pixma iP4850 which delivers a nice color gamut (I calibrate displays, inks and paper, so I can softproof in e.g. Lightroom 4). Then, I tried to switch to Sudhaus ink, of which I now know that it delivers a much smaller color gamut on all my papers. Now I'm looking for quality ink that gives me a wider gamut, like Peach ink, which unfortunately isn't sold in bottles for refill. I'm in the EU, so the ink needs to be available there.

I found these inks look promising:

http://www.tintenalarm.de/Nachfuelltinte.php

www.inkswiss.ch
(This is very cheap, and looks to be produced under a different label too, www.digitalrevolution.com)

Has anybody experience with those inks, or some other recommendation for me?

Andreas

Bertil

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Then you should try Octoinkjet UK or German OCP.Both are often recommended here.I use Octoinkjet myself and it is very good-no doubt about that.
Bertil

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
ahinterl said:
I used Peach ink as replacement for my Pixma iP4850 which delivers a nice color gamut (I calibrate displays, inks and paper, so I can softproof in e.g. Lightroom 4). Then, I tried to switch to Sudhaus ink, of which I now know that it delivers a much smaller color gamut on all my papers. Now I'm looking for quality ink that gives me a wider gamut, like Peach ink, which unfortunately isn't sold in bottles for refill. I'm in the EU, so the ink needs to be available there.

http://www.tintenalarm.de/Nachfuelltinte.php

www.inkswiss.ch
(This is very cheap, and looks to be produced under a different label too, www.digitalrevolution.com)

Andreas
I use Swiss inks in my i9950 and they are very good inks overall but they dont come close to matching OEM inks.
If you dont mind having to Profile these inks then I would recommend them to you if that is a problem then there not for you.

I am very happy with their quality and bright colours and the slight colour shift doesnt bother me at all.
Tintenalarm also do good inks but I have not used that as yet.

I extensively use I.S. inks from octoinkjet.co.uk which I am very happy with
and have no complaints at all, I can safely recommend them to you.. :)

WolfgangExler

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Andreas,

ahinterl said:
I don't have experience with the inks you listed, but I can highly recommend two inks available in Germany.

Your Canon Pixma iP4850 uses Canons Chromalife 100+ inks filled in CLI-526 / PGI-525 cartridges. I recommend either Coloration CD 5 inks from http://www.farbenwerk.com or OCP inks from http://www.octopus-office.de

No clogging, very goog results whith cleaning cycles with both of these inks

Wolfgang

Grandexp

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ahinterl said:

www.inkswiss.ch

Andreas
You must be aware that this is a Chinese site. The ink is probably not a Swiss made ink. It is likely Chinese made ink. Not necessarily bad but... you know what I mean.

ahinterl

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thank you all for the recommendations. I ordered an ink set from farbenwerk.com yesterday. Maybe I'll try out OCP as well one day and if I'm not satisfied with the Farbenwerk quality (don't think so).

Andreas

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Good decision. Please share your experience of using the ink when you get it.

ahinterl

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
After calibration, gamut comparison and print tests I can recommend inks from Fabenwerk.com: Wide gamut on the relatively cheap Geha Ultra glossy paper (my combination of choice now), good in dark colors, gives me much more saturation.

Don't know how good OCP inks are, maybe they have some .icm files for gamut comparison...

Andreas