Where to Get Cheap Chipless Canons :)

nanosec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Just thought I'd throw this out there, seeing as at least once a week I pass up beautiful printers because I already have too many!

If you are in North America, check Value Village & Goodwill.

You taking a gamble that it was donated damaged, but most of the time, people donate when their printers run out of ink.

It's kind of infuriating really, because all these companies go on about eco this and eco that, in reality there are thousands of good printers out there headed for landfills because they've been so greedy on the ink.

Also I would advise keeping a list of printers that have compatible printheads. That 5 dollar printer you get from Goodwill could be worth big bucks if/when your print head dies.

You can also grab other printers, but for me, I'm more into Canon products, seeing as my printers are now on the discontinued list, I'm very keen on keeping them in spare parts.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
nanosec said:
J but for me, I'm more into Canon products, seeing as my printers are now on the discontinued list, I'm very keen on keeping them in spare parts.
I went to Fry's Electronics today and was shocked to see that Canon injet printers have mostly disappeared from the shelves. There were tons of Epson, HP and Brother printers including lasers but only a few (no more than 5) Canon printers. I think there were about 100 printers displayed there. Judging from this my gut feeling told me that Canon probably will exit from the inkjet printer business soon. They have almost zero marketing effort now. They have discontinued almost all their best printers such as ip4000, ip4200, ip4300, ip4500, ip8500 and many others.