What is the best ink for printer xxxx?

jbuszkie

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
They don't have them listed in the e-bay store... :(

I have e-mailed them. Hopefully they will set me up...

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Maybe the Ebay site is not updated. Hopefully the cartridges are in stock, else I recommend searching the web. In my opinion and many other members' opinion Canon OEM cartridges are the best refillable cartridges for Canon printers.

jbuszkie

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
PeterBJ said:
In my opinion and many other members' opinion Canon OEM cartridges are the best refillable cartridges for Canon printers.
I'm beginning to sense that from some of the other threads I've read.. Maybe I'll just go buy the real ink and swaps the chips when I get to that point.
Something tells me the carts that come with the printer aren't filled too much! :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
jbuszkie said:
They don't have them listed in the e-bay store... :(

I have e-mailed them. Hopefully they will set me up...
If you cant get them there then try octoink.co.uk/

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
jbuszkie wrote:
Something tells me the carts that come with the printer aren't filled too much! smile
Even if Canon has also begun to use the HP concept of Standard and XL cartridges, the PGI-220/CLI-221 only come in one size, so the cartridges delivered with your new printer are full capacity.

A new series of Canon printers to be launched in November use the PGI-x50/CLI-x51 cartridges which come in Standard and XL versions. Link here: http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=58444#p58444

irvweiner

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Jim, I posted such a list previously on this site, probably more than once. Search for it, it lists several reliable vendors accepted by this community and several other websites, such as Dpreview.

I'm also located in MA, USA

irv weiner

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3

jbuszkie

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Ok.. I'm back.... :D

I've had a the printer for a while and I'm starting to be done with my second set of OEM cartridges. (I saved the first for the chips)

Now I have to decide if I want to buy OEM 220/221 carts and switch the chips out so I have the non-opaque ones? Or
just buy the carts ready to refilled with the 225/226 chips already in them?

Or should I just refill my stock 226/226 ones? (I assume I'll have to purge the old ones that have been sitting for months)

Now I see three methods here.. The top fill, the German and the vacuum ("freedom") style...
Any thoughts on which is the best?? Or is it really a personal preference?

I'm almost thinking that getting the stock 220/221 and switching the chips is the best value since the ready to fill 220/221 carts are
$35 and OEM full tanks are ~$60. So for ~$25 I get a full set of ink and put off messing with the refill. (but I have to buy a resetter)?

My last question... Are the low profile plugs good enough for my MG5320 if I go with the top fill method?

Thanks,

Jim