What a month...

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
It's been "interesting" to say the least this month with so much kicking off, going wrong or just plain leaving me wondering why I didn't join a monastic order and stay the heck away from technology, etc...

... well whatever the reason we've had everything..

- Ink shipments used as footballs resulting in a box that resembles a wet yellow/green mess at one end...
- Same ink shipment disappearing for a couple of weeks while DHL try to figure out where the football team hid it
- Wrong ink supplied for something I use (sort of thankfully) in my own schools resulting in three clogged printheads and a lot of swearing
- Customers asking for inks that nobody else bothers to stock because they never sell (and then getting 5 orders for those very inks!)
- Computer crashes (Office 2010 - Nooooo!!!)
- Shopping Cart Code "hiccups"
- Fax machine suddenly answering all my phone calls (wondered why it'd gone so quiet!)
... and a partridge shot out of the pear tree by a disgruntled printer owner out of season..

And of course while this is happening I'm getting more and more interest in the very inks that aren't available so I'm fielding queries and promising "You'll know when I know", but wondering if I'll ever know which way is up, ever again!! :(

But the best bit... Once all the inks were sorted out, the damaged shipment located and delivered and various other problems were all worked out I set aside Sunday to start bottling all the inks (about 40-50 litres worth).. and hit a small snag...

Are you sitting comfortably? :cool:

... Yep, you guessed it... I'd only gone and run out of ruddy bottles... :rolleyes: :p

On the up side the new bottle stock arrived in record time today and I have tomorrow (well today now) to bottle like mad, KMP is selling well and seems to be quite popular (which is a relief after all the problems getting it ordered) and the new bottle supplier has a slightly better bottle design which is a plus.

Anyway, had to share... before I lost the plot completely ;)

ruffin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 730
Hi Martin. Tell us more about the new improved bottle design. How about a picture.
Best Regards

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I don't think you would last very long in a monastery with all that swearing going on.

I do want to thank you for being the only person in the whole world willing to supply us Americans with KMP pigment black ink.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
ruffin said:
Hi Martin. Tell us more about the new improved bottle design. How about a picture.
Best Regards
I've a bunch of new inks that need to be snapped for the product listings so I'll do some of those when I've finished bottling... (12 litres down, 30+ to go!)

In terms of what's different.. The key thing is improved quality, greater flexibility and there's a potential increase in capacity if I want to do say 125ml for 100ml or just 125ml volumes...

Probably the key improvement is a smoother join between body and neck but to be honest it's all subjective and I'm something of a perfectionist on stuff like this (much to my wifes "delight" ;)).

@ghwellsjr: To be honest I'm glad I've got them in... It was hard work making the initial contact and getting the order organised but given the interest it seems like it was worth it.

Doubtless it will be a little slow until the reviews hit a tipping point for the tentative lurkers and I'll be sat looking at dwindling supplies all over again :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
:)
I have being using the KMP-U black pigment ink from websnail now for the best part of the month and I cant say enough about it. I put it in my printer just for a quick test and havent taken it out since, simply because its the best replacement pigment ink I have ever used. However I have only used it in OEM cartridges and cant say how good it would be in generic cartridges. Yes its really that good, but I would not use it in my Canon CISS systems.. :) :)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
ruffin said:
Best Regards
As requested you can take a look at one :
here

Not much to write home about really based on the picture, just small but useful things you notice...

Bunny

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
small lid over the tip of bottle . . . really nice modification . . . !!!

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Bunny said:
small lid over the tip of bottle . . . really nice modification . . . !!!
That wasn't the modification but thanks for the compliment anyway...