Using chip resetter for Epson OEM cart and maintenance tank for 3800

RafflesNH

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 3880
I will let you know by the end of next week about whether the resetter I just ordered also works on all colors. According to a friend, it does. SO just hang in there a few more days.

Joe

Hi there Joe. Anything to report yet about that chip resetter?

Nigel

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Last edited:

Harry Briels

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
EPSON Pro 3880 & Canon MX925
Dear Joe,
The third resetter which invested in, did not manage to reset my LK, LLK and LM chips;
So I decided to give up on modifying the OEM Epson carts.
I still hope that somehow I can reset these three carts.
Harry

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Harry Briels did ever think you may have over reset these three chips and that’s why they won’t reset for you now !

You could try resetting one of the other chips that worked for you using your first resetter then the three that wont reset, and then use the latest resetter on these three chips again and that might cause a reset and fix the problem for you.

Just take it nice and slowly.. ;)

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Dear Joe,
The third resetter which invested in, did not manage to reset my LK, LLK and LM chips;
So I decided to give up on modifying the OEM Epson carts.
I still hope that somehow I can reset these three carts.
Harry

Did you order the one I suggested?
Joe

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
@Harry Briels did ever think you may have over reset these three chips and that’s why they won’t reset for you now !

You could try resetting one of the other chips that worked for you using your first resetter then the three that wont reset, and then use the latest resetter on these three chips again and that might cause a reset and fix the problem for you.

Just take it nice and slowly.. ;)

So what do you think is going on here?
I've been able to reset chips that others can not even with the same resetter I originally ordered.
I can reset all my carts with BOTH resetters.

I am at a loss!

Joe

Harry Briels

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
For the time being I am really fed up with trying to reset LK, LLK and LM.
It is not a matter of technique applied because I managed to reset 6 carts and the maintenance kit.
I stopped sending money to some obscure unknown Chinese companies of the Alibaba clan!

Perhaps somebody, with a resetter that works perfectly well, will be kind enough to send me this device just for resetting after which I will return same, by DHL well packed.
It goes without saying that I will pay for all courier service costs of the kind sender.
If I then still could not reset my chips, this must then be caused by these specific LK, LLK and LM carts.
I plan then the purchase of new original OEM carts LK, LLK and LM, and reset these.
I wonder whether there could be a reason why it still would not be possible to reset these new carts?

For the time being I am printing with 7 refill carts and with the OEM Epson M-cart, which I modified (system jtoolman) and refilled.
I did not replace the OEM Matte cart, which I could reset but which is unused and full.
Harry

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
It can't be your technique as three other individuals I know of have NOT been able to reset the LK LLK and LM carts as well.
Just be sure, you can not get the resetter to produce a GREEN steady light on those three colors, correct?
It remains RED?

Maybe I should start a PRO 3800/3880 cart modifying and resetting business.

Joe

Last edited:

Harry Briels

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Joe, it remains red, sometimes flashing.
But again this same resetter did reset the other 6 carts!
Joe where you say that "I should start a PRO 3800/3880 cart modifying and resetting business".
I would be your first client!
I would love to reset the other three carts to be able to go for using all (modified) OEM carts!
Harry