Toddler put something into my Canon pixma ip4200 printer

Linda

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi There,
I think my toddler put something into the paper feed slot of my Canon pixma ip4200 printer (possibly an SD card).
I now get a 6A00 error. I can't see anything, I've tried turning it upside down and shaking it - worked once but not now. I would like to take the &*^% thing apart and find and foreign body but I can't figure out how to.
Any suggestions?

If your suggestion is buy a new printer - can anyone recommend one with LOW running costs ( ie after market cartridges). I'm happy to pay a bit more initially if it means less ongoing costs. (Initially, I had to buy OEM cartridges but finally you can get after market for this printer)
I live in Australia.

Thanking anyone who helps me!

Cheers,
Linda

Linda

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
PS - I don't do that much printing - mostly home office black and white stuff and a bit of colour. Bought the printer originally thinking of doing home photos but you can get digital prints here for 10c for a 6 x 4inch print and my attempts at photo printing were pretty crappy.
Cheers,
Linda

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
Hi Linda,

When you open the printer lid, does the printhead move to the center ?

Linda

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi Panos,
When I switch it on the top green light and then middle orange light flash alternately. The print head does NOT move to the centre. I've tried to do it manually but that does not fix it.
Putting paper in the bottom tray also doesn't help ( tray seems too short for A4 paper too ??) Also thanks for the link to the manual!!
Thanks a lot.

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Linda,

You need to have a real good look with a small torch.

If the printer head does not move then don't switch it on.

Open the cover, get your torch in there and take a look. If you have a little mirror use it like the dentist does and move it around inside the printer while shining the torch on it.

Sorry if that seems a bit simplistic but I had a similar problem and thought there was nothing in the printer until I had a real good look.

Good luck ;)