Time to be done with Epson

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
there appears to be options to change color balance, brightness and contrast and a number of other color variables using either "Easy PhotoPrint Ex" or "Easy PhotoPrint Pro".
There are firmware settings you can make. EasyPhotoPrintEx is rudimentary. The Pro version is an unknown to me.

As for the tanks, remanufactured and refurbished seem to be used interchangeably by ink and tank suppliers.
That is misinformation by the aftermarket seller. It may be due to negligence, stupidity, or plain lying. As you remarked, remanufactured means the OEM company or an authorized business can only be considered a remanufacturing entity. All else -- non-authorized aftermarket entities -- may be considered as refurbishing entities. AFAIK, Canon does not sell remanufactued cartridges.

I would be willing to bet that most OE used tanks processed and sold in NA are processed for top filling and that most OE used tanks processed and sold in Europe are drilled for bottom filling.
For clarity, what do "OE" and "NA" mean?

However from what I can see, care must be taken to keep air out of the process with that being the one drawback of using the squeeze bottle accessories.
Not been a problem for me and the Durchstich method of refilling. Squeeze bottle are a huge time saver and potential mess saver.

Łukasz

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG6250 (MG5150 before)
Take a look at footnote 3. up to 9600 dpi. But the highest native resolution is .....600 dpi....what gives. there are groups of dots that form the 600dpi or 300 dpi.
Well said.

"Native resolution" means input resolution, that means resolution of printed bitmap sent from driver to the printer.

In practice, "output resolution" means ability to create halftone levels.

Note CLI-Y and CLI-BK nozzles are solely 5 pl and possibly this is why input resolution stuck at 600 ppi.

On some HP 364/564/655/920 ink type printers max input resolution is 1200 ppi, possibly because their dye-Y and dye-BK are fired from 5 and 1 pl nozzles.

Ł.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/suppo...n/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg8220#Specifications

Take a look at footnote 3. up to 9600 dpi. But the highest native resolution is .....600 dpi....what gives. there are groups of dots that form the 600dpi or 300 dpi.

Now take a read here to get a grip on what native resolution is about.

http://www.digitalphotopro.com/technique/workflow/the-right-resolution.html#.U_tl_WMl8bY
The footnote opens up some questions.

1. Where is the "native" resolution ever stated (perhaps I missed it).

2. If "Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum", can these be the same color ink or must they be different color inks inks?

jnug

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Most of the descriptive discrepancies that I see seem to be on ebay. But that is true regardless of what you are buying there. Descriptive consistency is not an ebay strong point whether it is shoe laces or shop vacs. Lots of sellers without a deep knowledge base. Good grief there are so many vendors there selling printer supplies.

I avoid selling anything there casually. This is a product category that I would not be capable of selling into even if I just wanted to get rid of some stuff that I had overstocked.

Precision Colors seems to be dead on the terms of use you folks have described and I guess that is to be expected from them.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Precision Colors seems to be dead on the terms of use you folks have described and I guess that is to be expected from them.
And should be as forum member mikling owns and operates Precision Colors!