The Hat ReFilling Method Mark ll for PGI-9 Cartridge.

alvy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
jtoolman: any news with the weink pgi-9 resetter?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
It's supposed to come today. Keep fingers crossed!

I am also receiving ten each Photo Black and Gray single use chips. Just in case this fails.

I also have an order for a lot of 5 sets of auto reset chips for all ten colors. If anyone is interested and of course after I test them. I'll probably EBAY a set or two for much less than they are currently priced on EBAY.

Yes! I am sort of OBSESSED with this printer :p

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Resetter did NOT work on Gray and Photo black. Total ripoff. But we were warned by The Hat!!
In fact, even though it feels little the carts fit in the adapter, it apparently is not allowing for full contact with the chip. I had to remove the adapter and manually make contact with the 4 pins. Works on all the normal 8 colors but then so does the $15 one. I am really pissed!

I am going to contact them to see about a refund.

I just sent this email to the company

Dear Sir,

I just received the Resseter for the PGI-7-9 and was very exited to begin using it.
Imagine my dismay when I was only able to reset 8 color and not Gray and Photo Black chips. This is being advertised on the page for the Canon PRO 9500 MKII as a resetter for the PGI-9 carts. Apparently it only works for the other 8 colors but that was apparently left out of the description.
Is that what I paid $60.99 for? Had I known that, I could have purchased a much cheaper resetter for the CLI-8 carts which also resets the 8 PGI-9 colors yours also resets. Maybe that little aspect should be clearly stated on your PRO 9500 MKII order page.

If you believe I am doing something wrong, please enlighten me.

Obviously I would like to return this item.
Please let me know what I need to do.

Sincerely

Jose F Rodriguez

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
They called me at home and after some discussion they will refund me the money and I get to keep the resetter.
I suggested that he correct the description on his site to indicate that those resetters will not reset PK and GY.

Lesson learned!

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Received the refund! They were very nice and apologetic! Very professional in the way they handled this.

alvy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
darn..
jtool: pmed you.

mikl: ordering some stuff from you, pmed you.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I wrote back to them and basically thanked them for the great and quick response. They just wrote me back.

I think they behaved in an outstanding manner if you ask me!

Here is the most recent email:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Mr. Rodriguez,

I have issued your refund and corrected the website to reflect the lack of reset capabilites for the gray and photo black.

The reset device should reset all of the colors since it can reset the 8 primaries. Given that reset device does not recognize the two specific colors and not PGI-9 cartridges in general most likely means the reset device manufacturers simply did not include those two colors in the ID configuration, only including the first 8 since those 8 colors match the CLI-8 color configuration. This is most likely a simple mistake that got through to production level and was shared amongst most manufacturers before the problem was uncovered. Given the high investment in production and the higher demand for CLI-8 cartridges, a corrected device will be produced once current inventories are depleted.

Yours is the first report I have received directly and I have not been paying much attention to the Pro9500 series printer products since they are not in high demand for us for either inks or components.

I have started inquiries with various chinese manufacturers to find a PGI-9 dedicated reset device or a bundle which includes the Gray and Photo-Black. I can't promise success, but should I find one that I can sample I will send it to you, gratis, to test. If it is successful I will be offer a solution to all Pro9500 owners who wish to maintain the ink status monitor.

John Mills
UINK.com on-line support manager
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.uink.com

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
jtoolman:

That is outstanding customer support. As Linc from The Mod Squad says, Uink.com did you a solid.