sharing my MP830 waste pad replacement (at 37,000 pages) - w pics

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I'm like the old lady that lived in a shoe,... I have so many printers I don't know what to do. At one point I switched over to an MX860 to use Wirelss in my home, but the redesigned tight fit of the smaller ink carts gave me fits. So I got rid of it and went back to a MX850 which uses the GOOD CLI-8 ink carts and has an Ethernet connection. I hooked that up directly to my Wireless Router and created a "Network Printer" so anyone in my home (including my wife) could print from anywhere all the time since the router and printer are on all the time. I think the MX850 is totally based on the MP830 chassis and covers.

I see you have a lot of printers and what do you use them for?

jimbo123

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
MP830 MP980
funny one, old lady in shoe with printers.

the MX850 is based on the MP830 chassis, same high quality plus ethernet, definitely a keeper.

most of my printers are boxed up for the future. most were picked up as canon-refurbished units for little more than the price of the new ink carts and print head. prices like $99, $89, $79, $59, $54, etc.

best deal was a refurbished MP980(6 carts) for $36 shipped, grabbed 5 of those, already given away 3. my original plan was to part out and resell them all but never got around to it. given the quality and ink carts of the new printers, glad i passed.

now thinking about starting a new reality TV show called "Printer Hoarders", there are a few members here that indicated they would fit right in.

J

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• Printers: Canon MP830, IP4500, MX700, MX860, MX870, MP980
• Method: German Durchstich Method
• Ink: Hobbicolors and OCP
• Misc: Squeeze bottles - so much easier than syringes

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Jimbo,...If you love printer so much I have over 50 that I'm looking to get rid of... In fact I'm looking to close down my entire business and I'm looking for someone the has the knowledge, experience, and disire to continue what i have done for that last 10 years. Are you the guy.

jimbo123

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
MP830 MP980
Trigger, 50 printers is quite the collection. sorry can't help out.

i already have a permanent "dog house" reservation for the printers that i have already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twivg7GkYts

been there

J

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• Printers: Canon MP830, IP4500, MX700, MX860, MX870, MP980
• Method: German Durchstich Method
• Ink: Hobbicolors and OCP
• Misc: Squeeze bottles - so much easier than syringes