Seeking Advice on Barcode Printers

turnpaper

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
just looking
Hey everyone,

I'm in the market for a barcode printer and could use some guidance. I'm looking for a reliable printer that offers high-quality prints and is user-friendly.

Does anyone have any recommendations or experiences they can share? I've been researching different models, but there are so many options out there, that it's overwhelming!

Also, I'm curious about the maintenance and ongoing costs associated with barcode printers. Are there any hidden expenses I should be aware of?

Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated.

turnpaper

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
just looking
Hey everyone,

I'm in the market for a barcode printer and could use some guidance. I'm looking for a reliable printer that offers high-quality prints and is user-friendly.

Does anyone have any recommendations or experiences they can share? I've been researching different models, but there are so many options out there, that it's overwhelming!

Also, I'm curious about the maintenance and ongoing costs associated with barcode printers. Are there any hidden expenses I should be aware of?

Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help!

keruchan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
TS207
well we share the same goal a month ago.

if your product sold fast or Wet. it's better for you to go get a thermal printer.
thermal printers are water proof and fade in as early as 2 to 3yrs. (which doesn't matter if the product sold fast).

if your product sold slow you need to invest on laser printers or inkjet printers.
if you have the money to throw up. go for laser printers.
if you are tight budget .. go for inkjets.

I already bought a second hand TS207. (note that the 7 part is a region code.. it might be TS205 in there)
TS207 is the cheapest out there even if it's brand new. it's a single function. it only do one job... which is printing.

if you only really needed for printing A4 documents and barcode printing / QR code as tiny as 1x1 inches. then it can do it very very well. but note that it doesn't have wifi or bluetooth. it only support (wired) USB.

the cartridge can be modified to make it refillable. (there are lots of tutorials on youtube).
with 1x1 inch Qr code on A4 size paper you can fit in 176 Qr codes.
with Barcodes 1.2 x 0.8 inch on A4 size you can fit in 78 bar codes
note that I'm using Photoshop not Microsoft word. it gives me all the freedom to fit as many on A4 size paper.

with Rotary sliding cutter / paper trimmer, you are good to go.

-----------

I found myself here coz I'm looking for a pigment compatible ink for the cartridge.
there are 2 inks you will encounter on this journey. Pigment and Dye ink. (just google it, it's a huge rabbit hole)
to make it simple. Dye ink fades faster and is not water proof. specially the cheap third party inks.

you might easily find a third party Pigment ink on your country
but I'm on a place where I can't find one. and shipping from other country cost me like 4 times the cost of the product. which is why I'm considering using Canon OEM inks instead. post here

--------

There are some very interesting discussion about Chromalife100(+/-) from this website
which make me consider the GI-73 black Dye inks for my cartridge even if I need pigment for the job