RX530 not resetting

InkMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Any Epson experts out there who knows what causes the E90 fault on a Epson. Could it be the purge unit and what cure could I try.

InkMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yes it has. I have got a feeling it has something to do with the purging unit but who knows, I use printers not fix them.
It will probably cost about $aud150 and a new unit is $249 + warrenty + new carts so I am pondering.

I am saving to get it repaired as its a good multy function unit and I still have a swag of 110 type negatives to process. Thank goodness I have scanned all my slides and old B&W negs. so at worst I can get them printed after I have cleaned them up.

I managed to get a data dump to send to the guy's at scc so maybe they will add the model to the next version.

If I do get a new printer I will pull this one apart to see how it ticks. Ready when the next packs up. That makes me wonder just what the true life of a printer is. I have had 5 in 10 years, one a HP720c the first is still going strong on the original carts. filled them dozens of times and now use my monitor to tell me when to refill.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
On some model like the Epson R220, once the waste ink pad life counter expires ONLY the Epson factory software will reset it. Third party software will reset it prior to it reaching the expiry but not after. On the previous model R200, it could be reset with third party even after it expired.

Epson has a service adjustment program for every model or family of models depending on firmware. This software allows inputting the trim values for the power to the head to accommodate variances in the piezos ( each head has the trim values printed after it undergoes calibration!), it also allows diagnostics for a head alignment when a head is replaced and of course it also resets the waste ink pad life. This software must be used judiciously.

Unless the software has been leaked and somehow you obtain a copy or third party software comes out , the only recourse is to take printer to the service center who has the software and they are now keeping this under stronger security than before because the workers there have a vested interest in keeping it there as well.....job security.

I spoke to a service manager there once and he was not happy that I had obtained a copy of it and wanted to know how I got it thinking one of his employees had leaked it. Poor fellow never knew it was available on the internet.

philcom

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a Epson R380 with a "Service Required" error and can't find anyway of reseting it. Based on what mikling posted, is also true about my printer? I have looked all night for a reseter or key combo and found nothing for the R380.

InkMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for input, I will consider getting the manual and serch for a software fix. I said in another post that what if our cars gave up after a period and we had to take them to get reset. I know printers are sold as a means of getting a profit on ink but in the long run it will backfire. The first Chinese printer that comes with a DIYS repair ability + spares + fillability will take over the market.
If my old HP720c was faster and had a bit better resolution it would be a world beater

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
This works on the CX6600 multifunction and 2 other models I know of, but I am unfamiliar with your model and don't know if it will work for you.

Disconnect the usb cable

Turn off printer. Hold down colour and stop buttons, and turn printer on

Keep holding until the the lights stop flashing. When it shows EEprom init on the display, release both buttons, then push the colour button, and then press Clear.
Turn printer off for a few seconds, then turn on.

I hope this works for you.

Best of luck!!