Request: photo of clear vs opaque 220/221 carts?

lowepg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have a guy who has a bunch of 220/221 carts... I asked if they were opaque vs clear- and i could sense a lot of confusion on the question :)

Does anyone have, or can anyone take a quick snapshot of the two so I can send it?

And if you do- Id be happy to share some if anyone else is shopping for "clears"

Thanks!!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil

lowepg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
awesome- as usual- thanks for the lightening quick reply!

one question:

I'm seeing some conflicting posts- are both the color and pigment carts being replaced by opaque- or just the black?

btw- I ordered a refurbed mp990 and its not here yet- thats why I dont have my OWN carts to take pics of :)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
lowepg said:
I'm seeing some conflicting posts- are both the color and pigment carts being replaced by opaque- or just the black?
Don't know.

Congrats on your new printer! :clap

lowepg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
stratman said:
Congrats on your new printer! :clap
Thanks been using a Pro9000 for a long time and JUST started refilling it. And now ive been bitten by the bug!

Picked up one of the supercheap Mp990's (seems like a steal!) for the rest of my household to use (wife, kids projects, etc). My PLAN is to leave the carts that come with it sealed and just start refilling right from the get-go. Just need to order some virgin carts, find another resetter and then decide on an ink supplier. Ive been using Hobbicolors for the Pro9000, but they dont carry the grey for the MP990, so I guess Im going to be finding another source....