Refill

popsy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you here, I refilled carts for my i860 today. I made a bit of a mess when I had problems with the black cart, but all in all, a very successful venture. I ordered ink from Precision Ink, used the enclosed directions, and voila! Without everyone's stories about refilling I don't think I would have given it a try.

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
Welcome to the fun of refilling Canon ink-jet cartridges.

popsy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I didn't know that there is more than one method. I can't imagine it being much easier. Once I got over my discomfort of doing something about which I knew nothing. I made sure the bottom was sealed, removed the little plastic ball with an eye screw inserted in it, squirted in ink with a syringe filled from a bottle of the correct color, partway full I taped over the air vent and continued filling to 1/4 inch from top. inserted the enclosed plug, removed tape and made sure the tank wasn't leaking. Put it in my printer and...it worked! The problem I had was when the black tank's refill hole was too small for the plug. I managed to get black ink over almost everything in sight. Luckily I was working near the kitchen sink!!!

I kept thinking to myself about how much money I was saving. :-D

What are further ideas about refilling, preferable inks, etc?

DomtheMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The money saving is amazing! I do 500 full colour passes (250 with 4 photos on one side, 250 with 3 on the other side with a border and title) card covers on ip4600 currently (but have acquired 2 x ip4500 and have a new head for the old one). I worked out this costs about 5 a month in ink. If I was using Canon originals it would be in the region of 120! So when the printhead fails I really don't worry too much about buying a new one.

avolanche

Print Addict
Reaction score
The German method,when properly done,is the easiest for me.I started out doing this by removing the plastic ball and using screws to seal the hole.Then I got some long needles and tried the German method......it is so easy and effective!NO RESEALING!!!See the link(also using Hobbicolors ink as in thi thread):

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2465