Refill Epson OEM Carts

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the picture. The only problem is the resetter: some chips might not be able to be reset. I think technically refilling is not a problem. The greatest problem will be resetting all chips. Most likely one or two chips will be the culprit of this approach.

I have no idea how good they are or experience of Resetting Epson carts on models more than a couple years old oh and having more than one resetter is probably not ideal but i came across these people in the UK offering various Epson resetters for the different models...
http://www.proprint.co.uk/epson_universal_chip_resetter.htm
and
http://www.proprint.co.uk/chip_resetter.htm

Again no idea what they are like as a company or how good the resetters are.

Harry Briels

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
EPSON Pro 3880 & Canon MX925
Joe, thanks you for the above very clear explanation.
My question: do you think I could use the QU-Fill™ PROFI from Octopus for filling modified (applying your technique) EPSON OEM cartridges for the 3800?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
The resetters would have to say that they are specific to The T58 ( pro3800/3880 ) carts. Number of pins means nothing, It's what code they are writing onto the chip that counts.

Joe

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Joe, thanks you for the above very clear explanation.
My question: do you think I could use the QU-Fill™ PROFI from Octopus for filling modified (applying your technique) EPSON OEM cartridges for the 3800?

I have not a clue. I would really have to have one in my hands to tell you. That tip is only for HP carts of that type, The outlet of Epson carts from the PRO 3800 up to probably the highest model number is basically the same structurally and that particular tip may not be the correct dimension. The only way to prove or disprove if it would fit the T58 is to have one in your hands to test.

Joe

Harry Briels

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
I ordered the QU-FILL Profi and will let you know what my observations are.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi Harry,
None of the information you have received so far can be found in any printer manual anywhere so maybe now you might realise that you don’t really need these manuals after all. ;)

Stay tuned for further updates.. :cool:

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
We are the CIA of the world of printing. Everything is classified, secret or top secret. "Need to know"

Joe

Harry Briels

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
The Hat:
You are writing: "None of the information you have received so far can be found in any printer manual anywhere so maybe now you might realise that you don’t really need these manuals after all"
I think that this is logical, one can not expect that Epson will inform us in their User Manual about how to refill cartridges or reset chips!
But yes, it is a good thing to have this Forum!
Harry

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
OK guys. My new resetter for testing arrived today.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181401461962?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Two individuals whose only connection is that both were trying to run the 3800 with modified OEM carts for refilling with 3rd part inks used the resetter I recommended on my video series on this subject. I can reset any t58 cart as long as it is above 15%.

They supposedly ordered the same cart from the same company in CHINA and were not able to reset their LM LK and LLK.

I thought...hmmmm that's weird.
I had the first gent send me his LM LK and LLK and voila, I reset them and they were recognized by my two 3800s.

Then I hear from a second guy with the same exact problem. I also successfully reset his three unresettable carts with MY resetter.

Then he informs me that he ordered the above resetter and that he had success to reset the 3 misbehaving carts to full.

Either the second resetter is working were the first one he used did not, OR I did something to the chip after resetting it with mine? I have no clue.

So all I can say is that I have tested this new resetter on my carts ( I have 5 full sets of modified T58 carts ) and the printer had not trouble to recognize them.
My original has a "Jig" to line up the carts against the pins. SO it makes it idiot proof. My kind of tool.
This new resetter required manual alignment of the resetter's pins against the chip contacts. So if your eyes are bad ( Like me ) or you have shaky hands, it is not as fool proof. But I have managed without too much trouble.

SO here it is again:
http://www.proprint.co.uk/epson_universal_chip_resetter.htm
It comes from Florida so if you are in the USA, no problem. I don't know if they will ship to Belgium but please check with them before trying to order.

Good luck.

Joe

Last edited: