Re Packing the Maintenace Cart or Tank on The PRO 3800 and 3880

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Here is my latest video covering this process.

http://youtu.be/8CWxfxUqzjE

Hope it helps those who would like to attempt this.

Joe

Thanks Joe,

Excellent video. Along with the refill videos you given me the confidence to start refilling my 3880 with the OEM inks you show in your videos.

There has been a lot of comment about faulty Epson chip resetters on these forums. Some colours not resetting properly.

Could you give the source of the resetter, or the model ID you recommend. I think you mentioned it was from an eBAy seller in Florida. eBAy shows pages of resetters from $15 to $70+. I want to make sure I get one that works for all colours.

Roy Sletcher

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
That is a very difficult question to answer as it seems that people are having random problems with resetters that are supposed to be identical. Meaning their internal circuit boards appear to be identical.
Example. I have a much older resetter and the latest QE 589 Chip Resetter which I used in the Maintenance Cart resetting video.
My T58 carts are all old ones. Nothing newer than 2013. I can reset all of them with either resetter and my PRO 380o will accept them all. I have three full sets, modified for refilling and two OEM Unused ones sitting on my shelf.

However many of you using newer carts are having trouble resetting the LM LK and LLK.
But here is the clincher. When they send me the carts......I can reset them with either of my resetters and my PRO 3800 accepts them. Go figure!

So the short answer is, I can not even begin to recommend a resetter that will work for YOUR printer. At this point I can only speak for my two older PRO 3800s. I do not have a PRO 3880 which is the printer most people are having problems resetting carts for.

Regards

Joe

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Thanks for clarification Joe.

ANYBODY ABLE TO RECOMMEND A RESETTER THAT WORKS WITH ALL CURRENT OEM 3880 CARTS?

I don't mind paying for what I get. I just want to get what I pay for.

RS

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
If you do find one, stick with the set of carts whose chips you are able to reliably reset without problems. Any new carts you may buy may not be able to be 100% reset.
Whatever you do, do not update your printer's firmware!

Joe