problem with cis....

djkokalis

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hi.... i have a cis for my epson dx 7450 multifunction printer.... today as i was trying to remove air from the pipes and as i was cleaning the cis system with baby towels i accidentally cleaned the chips with the baby towel and now the printer doesn't recognize the cartridges.... did i break it???? what should i do????

sllowmail

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I hv the same problem. This may work. Get hold of a fine copper brush. Just furbish the contacts on the chip once or twice. It works wonder.

djkokalis

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
sllowmail said:
I hv the same problem. This may work. Get hold of a fine copper brush. Just furbish the contacts on the chip once or twice. It works wonder.
my friend sorry but my english isn't so good....what do you mean by copper brush? maybe a picture of this will help....
did you have this problem and you fixed it?

djkokalis

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
it's like a toothbrush right? should i try cleaning it with a toothbrush?

sllowmail

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yes, but it is not so good. You need to use a new toothbrush. A used one will contaminate the contacts on the chip.

djkokalis

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ok i will try it right away.....i hope it will work....

djkokalis

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
it doesn't seem to work.....i am confused....can anyone help me????

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
You don't need a wire brush. You're more likely to delaminate the contacts with that. The easiest way to clean contacts is with a pink pencil eraser, just rub the eraser on the contacts. One thing to be careful of is if the chips get wet you have to ensure they are completely dry before inserting them in the printer. Inserting a wet chip is the easiest way to destroy them. Clean the contacts, make sure they're aligned and dry, then reinsert. If it still doesn't work it may be too late. Oh and if you're using baby wipes that are designed for skin, don't use them as they often have lotion and oils which will leave a haze on any smooth surfaces they encounter. Oh and I would also wipe the print head contacts with a q-tip dipped in alcohol to clean any baby wipe residue off them. Wipe them with alcohol then polish off the remaining residue with a dry q-tip.

djkokalis

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
qwertydude said:
You don't need a wire brush. You're more likely to delaminate the contacts with that. The easiest way to clean contacts is with a pink pencil eraser, just rub the eraser on the contacts. One thing to be careful of is if the chips get wet you have to ensure they are completely dry before inserting them in the printer. Inserting a wet chip is the easiest way to destroy them. Clean the contacts, make sure they're aligned and dry, then reinsert. If it still doesn't work it may be too late. Oh and if you're using baby wipes that are designed for skin, don't use them as they often have lotion and oils which will leave a haze on any smooth surfaces they encounter. Oh and I would also wipe the print head contacts with a q-tip dipped in alcohol to clean any baby wipe residue off them. Wipe them with alcohol then polish off the remaining residue with a dry q-tip.
i fixed it....thanks my friend.....