Problem w/bizarre intermitten cross contamination (I think)

PenguinLust

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA MG6120
7560 is a lot, is it? It's <10% of what the counter can keep track of.

It doesn't sound like your next bit of advice is to replace the head.

emerald

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yes, I'm telling you the next step is a new print head. You have to decide if it's worth it. Are there any other troubles? Any paper jams? Does it run noisy? Do you like the quality of print-outs?

Personally, I like your printer because of the BCI-6 and BCI-3e BK ink cartridges are chipless, transparent and so easy to refill. One of my grandsons has an iP4000, very similar to yours except it has a lower tray as well as the upper paper tray. He loves it.

There's a print head for sale as a "buy it now" offer on eBay for US $51.00 + $7.00 S&H. Canon's Parts Dept number is 800-828-4040. The part number is QY6-0049. The Canon iP4000 printer uses the same print head. I don't know what province you are in but you might search Craigslist in your area for another i860 or iP4000. Or you might consider a used Canon i550, i560, i850 or iP3000. They are of the same vintage but have one less ink cartridge - they don't have the black dye cartridge.

Is 7560 a large number? No, I've seen your vintage of printer with more than a 12,000 page count. Others on this forum can probably attest to much higher numbers. Regardless, your print head is DEFECTIVE.

PenguinLust

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA MG6120
If I liked the quality I wouldn't be jamming these forums w/questions. The answer to your other questions is "no". Lessee... When I look at what I need it for, it's pretty good at printing black, 'sept when it doesn't print, but that's not a show-stopper. If I print something from MapQuest I still get there on time. What I won't use it for is printing my business cards, and much less the DIY wedding invitations I'm about to get. I'll use a printer belonging to just about anyone I know or his brother, who seem to have the right equipment.

Yes, for now I think I'll keep my money (not sure I'm ready to trust such a thing off eBay right now) and print stuff that doesn't have to look good in colour. Thanks for all your help.