Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Thanks Rod, takes your mind off the cricket. :th

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
Poor buggers have to play in 40C heat tomorrow & that's in the shade.

Phil777

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000
Many years ago I bought a Canon Pro9000 for close on $1,000AUD.
The cartridge costs were huge so the printing reduced to small amounts.
But recently I really wanted to sell some of my wildlife and sunset prints so I decided to try fitting a CISS to my printer.
So I purchased a CISS for $170AU and fitted it and found the three Group 2 inks would only print the TOP HALF on a nozzle check print!
So I learned how to clean the clogged printhead but it still had the same problem so I bought a replacement printhead on EBay and got the same result so I bought another replacement on EBay with the same result! Crikey!
Could it be the ink then causing this identical clogging on all 3 printheads? The ink from the new CISS? Cyan, Magenta and Yellow. How come? And how many more at $50AU do I keep trying to use? Crikey!
Interestingly enough these three colours are the last three colours on the RH side of the printhead,
I will be trying your solution as soon as I can get a bit of plastic tubing to fit on the syringe/printhead.
Thanks.
PS, your video is no longer available but it seems easy enough to do.
PPS. Fed up with the new CISS not being able to be used on the Canon printer I did a lot of research and then purchased an Epson ET-8550. I would still like to get the Canon printing ok and sell it rather than dump it with its CISS in the bin!

Attachments

• IMG_20230601_080307.jpg
    IMG_20230601_080307.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I would still like to get the Canon printing ok and sell it
Sadly your Pro 9000 has reached the end of life, and you also found out that EBay print heads are next to useless, so hopefully your new Epson ET-8550 will last just as long as the Pro 9000 did..

But remember to print at least weekly, or the new printer will go the same way.. Inkjet printers don’t like to be unemployed..

Phil777

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000
Sadly your Pro 9000 has reached the end of life, and you also found out that EBay print heads are next to useless, so hopefully your new Epson ET-8550 will last just as long as the Pro 9000 did..

But remember to print at least weekly, or the new printer will go the same way.. Inkjet printers don’t like to be unemployed..
Thanks for that but I tried the solution of using a syringe plus a tube and some warm water to try and force it to clean out the clogs and it seemed to work on one of the printheads. The other one didn't work. So now I will try it soon with the cartridges that are in the original printhead on the printer and see how I go. Then I will also pressure clean the original printhead and see how we go with that. If I can't sell it plus the CISS then it will all go into the bin.
A bit naughty of the company to sell a CISS for $170 for a printer that you say has reached it's end of life!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Thanks for that but I tried the solution of using a syringe plus a tube and some warm water to try and force it to clean out the clogs
Your problem is not a clog, but an electrical issue, and that can not be fixed or repaired, only a brand new print head will fix the problem, and you know already there’re are no more print heads available for this old model printer.. Sorry