Pro-100. - Still Having Problems With Displayed Ink Levels

Not to mention "calling home" through your wifi connection and giving all sorts of data they have learned about you to Canon Inc.

Fortunately their biggest market is in the US, and I think I am correct in stating that under US law it would be illegal for Canon to disable the printer just because you do not use Canon carts, or other accessories.

RS
Does forcing "increased maintenance cycles" constitute "disabling"? Or does it just increase the overall cost of operation?

Does anyone have a clue how to get into service mode on the PRO-100?
 
Turbguy that’s the $64,000 question..​

If you manage to find that out let me know first or second even last will do.. :clap
Please..
 
Not at all. I do not make bets with known hustlers!
:bow Amen to that.. :old
Dammit! Who blabbed... I thought the identity change had erased my sordid past... ;)

But it would finally put this to rest would it not?
It would indeed... I still think I'm right but, it's a bet I wouldn't complain about if I was proved wrong though.. Pride does not beat practicality by any means.
 
The information at this site looks interesting.

Anybody more courageous than me willing to give it a try and report back?

RS
For the Pro-100 it works. Follow the button press sequence to put the printer into service mode then run the service tool.

I am running Win 7, 64 bit so I ran Service Tool V3200 and worked as advertised. I just ran the print tests, did not try any resets.

After I was done, turn off the printer then print a photo. It had returned to 'normal' and printed the photo.
 
There is a destination setting on the service tool.
Any ideas about that? will this convert a NA printer to EU. This will get around the regional chips issue.
 
You still have to get by the $64,000 question, Which firmware Version do you have on your Pro 100 ?..

Was it V 1.1 or V 1.02 the latter been the upgrade.

Here is a question for you Roy:- When you disabled your ink monitoring and later got the red X over that cartridge, did you at any time go beyond that point when the red X was no longer appearing over that cartridge but a blue ? instead.

Bithead / Mikling ? Any chance of a few photos for our competition…. :ya
 
Last edited:
Back
Top