Pro-100 and PC inks for proofing

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Since I could not find any files in the
http://www.inkjetfly.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=17

I downloaded the R1400 DYE ink set and the chroma is very high for that profile, an ancient version of monaco profiler was used to make it either.

Inkjetfly a smart enough to let the profiles be downloaded as direct link, this makes the "modified date" show current date when file is saved to users computer. This a misleading practice IMHO. But when you access the URL in direct access (they forgot to turn off "apache web server" browse feature) you can see the profiles are very old indeed. Why bother users with forum interface and no give direct browse link to the folder is shown by the dates.

It's good when you can download generic profiles for batches, like you can download IT8 target generic reference files. But files that are from year 2008 gave me a good laugh :)

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
But, with a custom profile for IJF, I could find no difference at all, either by visual inspection or by measuring with a spectrophotometer. Either ink set would give me accurate color, when used with the appropriate profile.

OP will send me 3 pages.

No colormanagement
Colormanagement Perceptual
Colormanagment Relative colorimetric

This will compare profile accuaracy, and a "no colormanagement" inks too.

RogerB

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pro3880
OP will send me 3 pages.

No colormanagement
Colormanagement Perceptual
Colormanagment Relative colorimetric

This will compare profile accuaracy, and a "no colormanagement" inks too.
So, as I thought, the PC inks will be used with the appropriate profile from PC and the OEM inks with the generic Canon profile? Should be an interesting exercise.

RogerB

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pro3880
Since I could not find any files in the
http://www.inkjetfly.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=17

I downloaded the R1400 DYE ink set and the chroma is very high for that profile, an ancient version of monaco profiler was used to make it either.
Just for the record, the profile that I referred to was one that I made myself. Inkjetfly, does not normally supply profiles for their inks, largely I suspect because of licencing issues with profiling software. In that respect I think PC should be commended for providing licence-free profiles for their inks with a wide range of papers so it will be interesting to see how they compare with OEM.

Robert Lemlin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, Canon i9100
So, as I thought, the PC inks will be used with the appropriate profile from PC and the OEM inks with the generic Canon profile? Should be an interesting exercise.

Yes, I hope interesting will mean that I amazed at how close they are.