Printhead shopping

inkoholic

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
My MP610's printhead is partially clogged for years now and cleaning had little effect. So after a lot of messing with cleaning I've given up and am thinking about buying a new printhead. The item number is QY6-0075 aka QY6-0067. But where to buy? What I've found so far myself:

-Canon itself (send an email, ask kindly for a low price? :lol:)
-Canon service centre (techrepair.nl, 70 euros. Good price but I'm wondering if it could be lower)
-webshop (tradoria.de and Printesso, about 45 euros but no shipping to Holland.)
-Ebay (maybe a dealer in Hongkong or Taiwan that could sell for 50 euros but sounds like a complicated hassle)

I was hoping some people over here may know about webshops that are specialized in printer parts, like printheads. Tradoria.de sounds great but I live in Holland and I believe they don't ship abroad. I could buy a new printer with all accesories and new original ink set... but that seems like an awful waste. The old 610 is doing fine except for the printhead. Also Canon's new cartridges are smaller and more difficult to refill (if I'm correct).

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
inkoholic said:
The old 610 is doing fine except for the printhead. Also Canon's new cartridges are smaller and more difficult to refill (if I'm correct).
You are.

I have bought Canon print heads from Office Store Depot twice in the past. I am satisfied with both their prices and their service.

inkoholic

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
panos said:
inkoholic said:
The old 610 is doing fine except for the printhead. Also Canon's new cartridges are smaller and more difficult to refill (if I'm correct).
You are.

I have bought Canon print heads from Office Store Depot twice in the past. I am satisfied with both their prices and their service.
Thanks for the tip! OSD does seem to be the cheapest shop by quite a margin. In Europe the lowest price is 70. I'm just reluctant to buy from OSD because it seems like a hassle, ordering from USA. (I live in the Netherlands).

Also I have found a negative report about OSD: http://www.ripoffreport.com/miscell...m-or/inkcessories-com-or-officestor-39eef.htm