Printer not zeroing

InkMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
My printer has developed the problem of not returning to the start position so that when I turn it on I get an error message, I can fix it by turning it off and sliding the head to the right. It fixes itself on start up.

The printer is an Epson RX530, Any idea's?

InkMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The printer has developed another strange fault. When printing if I choose photo paper I get a paper jam notice yet if I chose plain paper it works. The thing is if I choose plain paper and put photo paper in it works also. now what is strang is that if I put plain paper in and choose photo paper I get the message.

Any ideas on this problem as well. maybe the two problems are interelated

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Simon R. said:
I'd call a tech support
Yes, but calling tech support is akin to asking for directions.
Ya just can't do it...
Hmmm.....maybe I could coerce my wife into making the call to Bangalore :)

InkMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Actually I suspect it could be the head position reader, there is a red led that shines on a plasti strip, I had a look at the strip and it could have a faint splash of ink that has stained it. I am presently looking for a parts supplier. I have no problem of getting down and dirty with it. I know that even if i do find a repairer the cost would probably be as much as a new printer. I will see if I can get a manual and start from there. I have other printers,"Don't we all". Anyway I am busy at the moment writing help files for my software. I may even get a Canon I have more information about them than my Epson. And I thought Epsons where bullet proof. The only printer that fits that description is my dear old HP720c and it still spits out a pretty picture.

But if anyone has any idea's about the zeroing problem I would appreciate them.