Printer Help, DVD and CD printing

teepeetim

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a videographer in the UK.
I'm looking for a printer which I can print direct on to DVDs - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Verbatim-43533-DVD-R-Printable-Spindle/dp/B00097CDHC

However I no next to nothing about printers and am having a hard time pinning down a printer which best suits my requirements.

I won't be using the printer for anything other than printing on to DVDs
I am looking for an ink efficient printer but at the same time give a professional finish to the DVD

My printer budget is 200

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Regards

Tim

Mowerman90

Print Addict
Reaction score
Both Epson and Canon offer printers that are capable of producing outstanding results printing CD/DVD's. I have printed DVD's using a Canon MP640 and am very happy with the results.

ruffin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 730
Canon IP4300 and MP600 All In One, both direct print CD/DVD. They do an excellent job.
Older models though. One can still find new IP4300 on EBAY occasionally. Only the U.S. models
must be modified for direct print.

strobemonkey

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have done my own tests with epson vs. Canon disc printing and find epson printer using oem inks with taiyo yuden watershield dvds to be the best. I will highly recommend epson P50 for disc printing.

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
This is a thoughtful piece put together by CDan
http://club.myce.com/f123/printer-comparison-epson-vs-canon-230213/
One of the complaints with Epson is its higher ink consumption as compared to Canon although the new Artisan series is not included in the above comparison. Perhaps Epson has improved with the Artisan series.

You can step back to the top of this sub-forum (club.myce) and read much more about printing disks and what is working.

teepeetim

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys,

I'll check out that link.

Tim