Pressure Sprayer Deal for Canadians

nanosec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I looked into getting a pressure sprayer to purge similar in this manner and balked at the price:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqnZU1u45aQ

However, a month or so ago I saw Dollarama carrying them for $2

I tested it and it seems okay, but I still need to get the tubing to test this on a cartridge.

l_d_allan

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Something I've wondered ... does cart purging require that there be a hole in the top of the reservoir side? Either from removing the plastic ball from the inlet port, or another top-filling hole if the plastic ball was left in place?

With German refilling, could cart purging be done after the sponge-side hole had been made? But would that get the reservoir side purged?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
If you like the biggest advantage of the German method--not worrying about sealing a hole in the reservoir--then you sure wouldn't put a hole there just to purge the carts. The method in the video will still work but it may take longer, as the water will come out the air vent hole. To get the reservoir clean, just use the normal German refill process to fill the reservoir with water, blow through the air vent to clear as much water out as possible, repeat until the reservoir is clean, then use the folder towel method to dry the sponge.