Precision Colors XP-310 cartridge resets, but shows almost empty

kaliko

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 1430
I've been using PC inks & carts for over a year now and really love them, especially the EV6 ink in my Artisan 1430! I think I have a broken or defective cart (black) for my cheapee XP-310. Got the "cartridge not recognized" message, so I topped off everything (all carts were nearly full anyway). After replacing all carts, printer recognized them all, ran the cleaning/charging cycle, but black shows almost empty. the rest show what I expected, since I take a screenshot of the ink levels every time I refill. Could it be anything besides the cartridge chip? It looks like I have to buy another whole kit as individual cartridges are not listed at PC's site.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
I've been using PC inks & carts for over a year now and really love them, especially the EV6 ink in my Artisan 1430! I think I have a broken or defective cart (black) for my cheapee XP-310. Got the "cartridge not recognized" message, so I topped off everything (all carts were nearly full anyway). After replacing all carts, printer recognized them all, ran the cleaning/charging cycle, but black shows almost empty. the rest show what I expected, since I take a screenshot of the ink levels every time I refill. Could it be anything besides the cartridge chip? It looks like I have to buy another whole kit as individual cartridges are not listed at PC's site.

Send an email to the owner. He is small businessman who is knowledgeable about his products, works hard and tales pride in the quality of the products he sells. I know because I deal with him and have had stellar service.

I cannot speak for him, but am confident he will do whatever he can to help or rectify matters.

rs

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Are you sure the cart and printer contacts are clean etc?

kaliko

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 1430
Yes, I cleaned the contacts with alcohol both on the carts and the printer.