Precision Colors and the Dye ink Magenta Issue on Canons

Paul Verizzo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4500, 9000 MK II, PRO-
Man, these postings make me nervous. My first post-dot matrix printer was a Canon, so archaic maintenance was done with buttons on the printer, not via computer interface. Something 600? I've gone through BCI-3 and BCI-6 and CLI-8 evolutions. Have never had more than incidental head clogging matters. Yes, seemingly had to replace a few heads along the way.

Now I have a PRO-100 and here are all these reports of various levels of disaster. I struggle with the business model fact - forget the technology - that a company like Canon would evolve into an inkset that, seemingly, a problem. Especially since dye inks don't have particles.

I guess I'll just keep praying to the dye inkset goddess every night....

Paul Verizzo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4500, 9000 MK II, PRO-
Does this issue apply to the inksets for printers other than the PRO-100? I bought ink for my MG 6120 last year and I just looked at the magenta bottle and there are not clumps, etc. The ink looks fine and I have have no clogs or other problems. I am using refillable aftermarket carts and a resetter with 10 or more refills on PC inks and 30 more previously on ink from inkproducts.com.
While I can't address your concerns directly, I've noticed that various bulk ink supplierprovide inks hugely different, one to another. Meaning, you look at the ink in the bottle or in the cartridge, all very different.

Yet, they all appear to print the same!