Pixma Proo-100 Color Issues

Sammickk

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
OK update time. I got a new round of inks from Precision, except for black, because i recently bought a new black. As I mentioned, I had a new set of 8 carts that I flushed, I ended up putting the new round of inks in the carts I flushed, with the exception of yellow, because of precision's warning about needing a completely new cart for yellow and doing the chip transplant. I used my old precision Yellow that was already in there. This seems to have fixed it so far, As I do more prints I will see. I'm still NOT sure exactly what the problem is or was. I did not change any settings on the printer with the exception of the contrast and intensity being set back to zero, from my weird setting of -25 +15.

In light of the new findings anyone have any ideas what they think was happening? I mean if i had swapped another ink color like i did the cyans, why did it not eventually straighten out? As I have refilled all the carts MANY times over.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Sammickk, refilling isn’t rocket science but certain procedures must still be followed when refilling or things can go very wrong as you have found out for no apparent obvious reason.

The very fact you have been filling for some time can in itself cause many problems, like you’ve done it all before so there’s no need to check anything because you can do it in your sleep, well that could be the problem.
Thanks for your help guys, to begin to answer some questions, yes I'm sure the ink is in the right color carts, because i thought that I had mixed them myself. I even checked twice because i thought i was going crazy. So i know this is not the issue
You obvious had a very good refilling technique before all of this happened, but somehow things went horribly wrong on you and you couldn't figure out what exactly was causing this big issue, and you may never know, but by doing your own reappraisal of your refilling procedure, you can get back on track with very little effort and it shouldn’t happen to you again.

http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/a-simple-spreadsheet.11048/#post-92702

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
The very fact you have been filling for some time can in itself cause many problems, like you’ve done it all before so there’s no need to check anything because you can do it in your sleep, well that could be the problem.

This is so very true.

I could cite numerous occasions when familiarity and complacency, combined with a "hurry-up" and refill have cause me grief.

100% of my problems I am absolutely CONVINCED are due to the Ink, Carts, Paper, Printer, Profile, Operating System, or Print Driver. Always something that I have no control over. Guess what! 99.9% of the time the nut 18inches above the keybourd has made a mistake in some setting somewhere, and the problem is user error. Somewhat like, "It is always the UNLOADED gun that fires a live round."

Fortunately the squeezy bottles have reduced the danger of large spills. Unfortunately I am a slow learner so have a couple of carpet stains strategically covered with furniture lest the Lady Wife AKA Executive Vice President of Housekeeping, see them.

Still livin`and learnin``

rs

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
99.9% of the time the nut 18inches above the keybourd has made a mistake
Help for your loose nuts, Roy.

monkey-wrench-250x300.gif