PGI-525 and CLI-526

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Just a heads up...

Got two emails, within minutes of each other, from both resetter manufacturers (that I know of).

Both relate to the PGI-525/CLI-526 cartridges (not the 225/226 North American versions, sorry)

The battery version (the one that most resellers have been offering for pre-sale and delaying) is now shipping so should be arriving with the resellers and then customers in short order.

A USB powerred REdSETTER version is also now available and available to order... (A battery REdSETTER version is not currently available)

So, it seems someone figured out the bugs and got it all working properly...

The bad news, is that there's still no North American 225/226 version, as yet, but my guess would be that the development team will be switching tack to those in short order and racing to get a solution based on what they now know from the 525/526 model.

Bowler

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Great news ;D, you know who sells those in EU?
For now where do I buy 521's that have clear plastic on the side?

Received ink from you websnail, thanks for the empty "practice" cartridges. ;)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Great news, websnail!

And good of you to give Bowler a practice cartridge. :clap

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Bowler said:
Great news ;D, you know who sells those in EU?
For now where do I buy 521's that have clear plastic on the side?
Erm.. I believe the other personality in my head may have them on pre-order already. :)

As for empty 521/520 carts.. Waiting for promising source to fill my first order if those.

Received ink from you websnail, thanks for the empty "practice" cartridges. ;)
No worries... May make it standard practice for bundled Canon kits as it does help quite a bit.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Whoops... As half expected there's been technical issues with the REdSETTER units so they're looking to resolve those before making them available for resale.

Not overly unexpected and just one of the joys of a new product... I'll update as/when I hear more.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Bowler said:
Realized I just bought ink from you websnail, hope you can send sharp needles to Denmark.
Having to do a chip swap, do anyone know a guide for that, particularly putting the chip on.
Is the best method the german one or is it top filling? Isn't it easier filling from the top directly into the ink chamber and not having to go through the sponge.
Why do you want sharp needles? They're very dangerous. You will stab yourself, trust me.

The German method is so much easier than top filling. A blunt needle will slide so easily under the sponge, you don't need to go through it, as long as you are using Canon OEM cartridges. Just be sure to put a piece of tape over the refill hole when you are done.

Bowler

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I'm leaning to the german method as well, seems it doesn't have as many possible side effects as the top filling.
Under the sponge, you write, ghwellsjr, what about the part of the sponge that comes out?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
That part that comes out is a different material. It's actually a filter. It is very easy to slide the needle between the sponge and the filter. You won't even know there's anything different.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
websnail said:
Both relate to the PGI-525/CLI-526 cartridges (not the 225/226 North American versions, sorry)

The battery version (the one that most resellers have been offering for pre-sale and delaying) is now shipping so should be arriving with the resellers and then customers in short order.
Just to update... These are now in...

Can't vouch for other retailers who have had them available for pre-order but mine arrived, tested a couple... they work..

*prepares for deluge of crazyness*