Oh no... first refill failed??? Help. (++photo added)

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Probably run forever now!

Just one thing I did not know about but read here later after taking my printhead out.

Never leave the print head locking bar up after removing the head. If the head is out for more than a few minutes the printer will return the carraige to the RH side, and if you are unlucky you could damage the printer carriage or something else.

You will probably find you never have to take it out again :)

lowepg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I stopped short of removing the printhead.... perhaps ill add that to my maintenance regime?

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
If the print head works don't consider removing it.

Only ever do any work on a print head if it is definitely clogged up, and then consult the forum for help first.

Print heads can be cleaned OK, but like with operation there is a small risk of damage.

Just do a nozzles check every week or so if you are not regularly printing, and that should keep it in good shape.

For the spare carts, you can easily purge and dry them using the techniques documented here in the forum, and then fill one set as spares. That means no panic when you run low, just replace carts, and refill the empties!

No chance for the head to dry out either, as you never have carts out of it for too long.

Have fun, and keep printing, it's suddenly become a lot cheaper ;)