• Environmental reasons

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I want to "stick it to the man!"

Votes: 26 19.7%
  • I'm a bit of a geek & like to get into the inner workings of things

Votes: 60 45.5%
  • Conveniece: I never have to go to the store

Votes: 33 25.0%
  • Other (please reply to thread with details)

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
In our last poll we asked which refilling method you use, but this time we want to know WHY you refill!

So, what motivates you to risk getting your hands inky?

Note, you can select multiple reasons!

Please reply with your thoughts on why you refill, especially if you answered with "other".

upload_2014-4-3_18-58-27.png

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I checked all possibilities, except "other".

• My primary reason for refilling is saving money. If I were using OEM inks I would be printing much less.
  • Second I'm a bit of a printer geek, and want to know "everything" about Canon and HP inkjet printers, and "what makes them tick".
  • Third it's convenient not having to fear for running out of ink doing an important print job after business hours.
  • I didn't know the phrase "sticking it to the man" but found out it meant something like defying the system, so this is number four reason. I don't like the idea of printers being ink vending machines.
  • Environmental benefits of refilling is an added bonus.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
1) Save money.
2) Printer geek.
3) Environment.
4) Convenience.

Without "the man" we wouldn't have something to refill or have this great forum. Each of is "the man" to someone else.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
(I had to add "the man" so we had more options ;) )

BTW, what any other reasons I should have added to the poll that you think others would have chosen?

Lucas28

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pigment
I like to fill my carts with non standard inks, like grey ink in color carts or dye ink in pigment carts. I also have filled carts with cleaning fluid.

For the standard inks I buy United Office carts which are not refilled after use. These carts are on sale at Lidl this week.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Being able to get near OEM results out of good 3rd inks is rewarding not to mention the huge savings.
It does take a bit of time and effort and patience but it is all worth it in the end.
And NO... your printer will not explode.
Joe

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Being able to get near OEM results out of good 3rd inks is rewarding not to mention the huge savings.
It does take a bit of time and effort and patience but it is all worth it in the end.
And NO... your printer will not explode.
Joe
My sentiments, exactly. I originally used Epson inkjet printers. I'd come home from many trips with up to 800 digital images, about one third of which I'd print. After forever running out for more cartridges I researched refilling. At that time refilling Epson carts was a big pain! Results were also varied. Further research turned up Neal Slade's site about the Canon i960, the ease of refilling Canon carts, and suggested inks (IS) to buy. That was about 11 years ago. Never turned back!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Why do I Refill my printers ? Other !

Firstly if I didn’t then I wouldn’t have found this wonder crazy place or the rest of you cheapskates, geeks, and Printaholics… :weee

There are many good ink suppliers out there that also depend on us to spill as much as we can use ! :confused:

We have created a huge industry in Japan that has only sprung up because We Refill and they don’t like that ! :somad

We've sparked off a whole new fashion trend when we turn up in the shopping malls with Technicolor hands and get all those funny looks from people, is it worth it, hell yes.. :cool:

My sheet count has by now reached over 100,000 only because I refill and being a cheapskate has helped enormously to achieve this, so it’s onto the next 100 K. :plbb