now printer does not turn on

Matthew J

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon mg5220
Hello! I have a Canon pixma mg5220. I bought it new about 14 years ago. I do not have the disk that came with it anymore. I only used it every so often until the past 2 1/2 years. I have been using it everyday. I use it to aid in creating my art. I use A LOT of ink. so I looked into finding cheaper cartridges . I found them . Then I wanted to not waste all the plastic of the cheaper cartridges . I found a syringe and ink method about 2 months ago. I was loving it ! I also wanted no color , so I began filling all the cartridges with the black ink. I create black and white art images. I saved 4 plastic cartridges !! Then the printer told me the ink absorber pads were full. after 2 weeks or so the printer stopped printing. I found ink absorber pads and cut them to fit where needed in the bottom of the printer. I did not find specific pads for my printer model. I wiped up the ink, replaced the pads put it back together two days ago. The printer turned on and gave me error code 5012. I shut it off and turned it on a few times got the same thing. next I turned it on and there was this grinding sound. It looked like it was the scanner making the noise. Then finally after playing with it more by trying to see if anything was visibly stuck somewhere , the printer did not turn on. I still feel like there is life in it. any direction would be wonderful !!

almost forgot ,when I was trying to clean the inside the to white ink soaked pieces fell out. I do not know how to put them back in. (pic attached)

I am located north east coast US.

Thank you !!

this is where I have been buying the cartridges https://www.1ink.com/?gad_source=1&...KsXepLNIT7xyHlXDal0uXnAm676pb7RMaAkBXEALw_wcB

this is where I bought the syringe and ink. https://www.printerinkwarehouse.com

Attachments

• IMG_5053.JPG
    IMG_5053.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5051.JPG
    IMG_5051.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 11