New compatible chipped carts for Canon printers are available now!!

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Someone posted here last week that Atlantic Inkjet will be carrying the PGI-5 and CLI-8 compatibles that have a reset chip. Well, we've been waiting a year for these, and they now are in stock. I've just put in an order and should receive it in a week or so, and will try them out.

The price is slightly less than half of retail, but apparently will drop as more become available in a few weeks.

Those people who wish to find out more info can check here...

http://www.atlanticinkjet.com/inkjet-cartridge-canon.asp

I keep my fingers crossed.....

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
They finally figured out how to reset the chip. Now it will be a matter of when copyright infringement will be upon them I think.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Do they replace the chips with compatible ones or do they reset the chips? Either way it seems there is a copyright issue. Hope not though.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I'll give a couple to my customers to try, and will post results here at a later date. Let's hope these are good and work well.

Stay tuned

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Do you need to run some sort of flushing/cleaning fluid through the printhead before using this ink? Would that apply if you have been using Canon OEM inks previously?

If so, what kind of fluid and where would you get it for this cleaning cycle?

MOMO

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
anyone know if these reset chipped cartridges are available in Europe?

cheers

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
MOMO said:
anyone know if these reset chipped cartridges are available in Europe?
I saw references in another forum that Cartridge World in the UK has them, but they cost almost as much as new Canon carts from a UK discount supplier.

jerik

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
So has anyone tried these out? What happens to the chip when you have used up the ink and then refilled the cartridge?

jerik
Pixus iP4300
Pixus i6500

canonfodder

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I haven't tried the reset chip cartridges but I'm sure that when you have used up the ink, the chip acts just like one on a new Canon cartridge. It will say it is empty and if you refill and continue printing it will shut off the ink monitor and do the other standard things. After all, it is still a Canon chip and it is going to act in the manner planned. Resetting the OEM chip has been accomplished, but no one has made an auto reset chip.

All you get from a refilled and reset chipped cart in the case of Canon carts like CLI-8 is the operation like an OEM cart. This means you get the ink monitor and no threats about the printer warrantee. You may or may not know who made the ink.

The expense of a reset and refilled cart may be worth it to some, but not to me. I check the ink level myself on one printer with refilled carts. I run a second printer with a CIS and just look at the external ink bottles. Both approaches are FAR less expensive than OEM, reset refills, or compatibles. I also get to choose an ink that I trust and have consistent results with. My ink cost is $0.05 per 8" X 10" photo when buying ink colors in 4 ounce quantities.