My new printer: Epson Photo R3000 A3+ printer !!!

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Hi Irv,

the link is dead, but you can type in: Epson R300 and then you can find the corresponding products (refillables + chips + CISS). Anyhow thanks for the tip about my problem. I will try to contact the Epson guy and ask him about my problem.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Just an update with those chinese refillable cartridges: I tried to transfer money on their account but paypal refuses the money, saying: "This recipient is currently unable to receive money". So I will contact again with the problem.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Same here! I don't know what's happened to this product. It seems to have disappeared.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Seems only one sells in lots of ten. The other one sells in lots of 50. You can open up a R3000 refill biz.
The one with the skinny carts looks a bit dicey.
What happened to the one company that sold single sets.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The chips for the newer R2000 and R3000 appear to be powered by batteries. These are used for the reset arrangement or the chip game requires some kind of powered microprocessor. This is getting quite involved now. The chips have a set of contacts that needs to be physically shorted to reset The chip game is ramping up. Vendors are recommending staying away from CISS systems for these at this time.
I suspect it has to do with the chip/logic strategy.

The chip circuit is also costlier..far more so than previously...possibly due to complexity.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
pharmacist said:
Does somebody knows how to redirect the internal waste ink tube into an external bottle ?
Not yet... I'm not rich enough to afford any of these printer to be able to figure the thing out..

I'll be waiting for you to get itchy fingers and do some exploratory surgery to figure it out :)

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
congratulations and happy printiing (and testing) pharmacist
- but as you have also a 3800 I would like to ask:

What are the pro's and con's comparing the two prnters?
I know a new 3880 costs double and prints double size - but it is NOT double the size on your table. So the A2 model seems to be much more universal.
And the running costs are more interesting, they are probably similar ... so isn't the 3880 the better choice, if!! you can afford the price of the printer?
For what purposes will you use your new r3000 instead of the 3800?
From my point of view A4 is the biggest format for presentation in hands, but for presantation on the wall A3 is still too small...so I would prefer to make the step from A4 to A2 - if!!! I could afford it...