MX870 print qualitty problems?

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
Stratman, thanks for the laugh!

Parhs, yes, normal quality may exhibit this problem. It is not really meant for photos (unless you use normal quality with the photo papers setting which is entirely different).

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Panos:

First, how did you get a picture of my computer room? :mad:

I wish! That picture is a visual definition of badass!

The image quality itself appears poor - the jagged lines along straight edges makes me think this was obtained from an interlaced video. That you say the nozzle check is OK further confirms this.

The horizontal lines across the image at what appears to be regular intervals is a problem unrelated to the image I'm assuming. This could be due to clog in the print head. Worst case scenario is a bad print head that needs to be replaced.

Ink demands by the print head are different depending on type of paper chosen and the print quality selected. This could be the reason for the variable appearance of the issue.

Please post a nozzle check. I know you said it was OK, but I'd still like to see it as part of the process of figuring things out. Also, please be explicit on what settings were used in printing, such as paper type and print quality.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
What type of paper are you specifying? I'm going to guess you have this problem when you tell the printer that you are using plain paper and I'll bet you don't see the same problem when you specify any photo paper (such as matte) even if you are printing on plain paper.

The jaggedness of the edges is due to printing a low resolution image at a high magnifcation and has nothing to do with any printing problem.

Parhs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yes printing at good quallity there are no problems,its perfect.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil