MP970 error codes

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a couple of MP970s at a swell price knowing that these may need some servicing. I also got an MP830 in the same condition as well.

MP970:
One of them gives an error code of B200
The other gives an error code of 5110

MP830
The error code is 6A00

Any ideas if these are easy fixes that I can possibly tackle?
This might be in trigger37's arena.

Thanks

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
mikling said:
MP970:
One of them gives an error code of B200
The other gives an error code of 5110
The 5110 is a real bugger of an error... I have one of these on an MP500 and it seems to relate to a motor being burned out or solder connections that have broken. I haven't been able to trace which of these it's likely to be the cause but you're looking at a lot of pain. What fails is the bar that the carriage runs across, normally it should rotate and lift the carriage slightly then rotate back. Think it relates to the CD printing routine but it will do this as part of a normal initialisation. The error follows the bar doing nothing.

B200 is one I've never come across before...

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

On the MP830, I was able to get it going again by fiddling with the purge unit area but it returned. This indicates that the covers need to come off. Ugh..unlike printers,these AIO units do not appear that easy to disassemble.

On the MP970s, I've fiddled and nothing changes. Again the covers have to come off.

Any hints on disassembly on the AIOs. I want to retrieve at least 1 MP970 out of the 2, They appear to be really nice units and I could use the well spec'd scanner on it.

Any hints on disassembly? I don't want to trash the units while opening them up.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Your best bet is to look for manuals at 2manuals.com ... They seem to be falling behind though on some of the kit and I wonder if the source has dried up some...

justaspuzzled

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a Canon MP830 and had the dreaded 5110 error code. I found someone who tried gently moving the print head while it was powering up. It took several tries, but I was able to get the print head to move. I replace the empty ink cartridge and now it seems to work fine.