Mother of all clogs

Harvey

Print Addict
Reaction score
Not to discredit the original poster but if it was a serious issue with a batch of ink @mikling im sure there would had been a lot more people of here screaming their printer has died :D If i had to guess id guess more along the lines of @The Hat that it is likely an ink flow issue with the refill of the carts which has led to head damage. (maybe a foamed cart or similar as your prior video guides have explained about).

It is not that the ink killed my printer, the clog this ink caused led me to deal with it, the method I tried was forcing water through the printhead. By doing that, even when the circuit board was dry and maybe in desperation I tested the printhead too soon and that killed the logic boards.:(:mad::rant:somad:he:hit

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
As has already been pointed out to you, it may not have been the ink at fault at all. MY best advice to you based on how unlucky it appears you have been is in future to avoid refilling and buy nothing but original cartridges if you feel in any way aftermarket products are in any way of shape giving you issues.

Harvey

Print Addict
Reaction score
I will buy ink from another supplier, OEM costs are soaring high. With my previous ink supplier it is true printheads got damaged, but honestly don´t remember of getting some blockage in the magenta channel.

With the current IS I have the problem sometimes is the ink works well, but suddenly the issue is there, you can skip it once, a second chance is not allowed. It s like something gummy is dislogded and blocks up the ink passage. I have com to think that maybe the problem doesn´t reside in the nozzles but in the ink passage.

Harvey

Print Addict
Reaction score
@CakeHole There is a reason why mikling is renewing his magenta as some people had problem with IS magenta in Pro-100, remember not all of the customers of IS inks are members of the forum, we can´t know for sure if others have had the same problem I have dealt with.

Harvey

Print Addict
Reaction score
As has already been pointed out to you, it may not have been the ink at fault at all. MY best advice to you based on how unlucky it appears you have been is in future to avoid refilling and buy nothing but original cartridges if you feel in any way aftermarket products are in any way of shape giving you issues.

http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/pc-photo-magenta-plugging.9591/page-4

Look for post #31, also the person who started the thread, there is something in the air, guess what it is?

trashguy9

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well I agree with what Harvey has said, that there is a problem with the IS magenta. I too have gone through a number of heads the past five months on my Pro100. Always involving the magenta. I thought maybe I wasn't flushing my carts enough and vowed to flush every five refills to see if this would help. Well after only two refills another head went bad with a poor nozzle check on the magenta. All the cleaning I tried made now difference at all. Also when flushing the magenta cart, I too had some material in the vent channel that would not flush out. Cut the cart open and found some magenta colored gunk in the ribbed air channel going up the side between the reservoir and sponge tanks. I bought this ink from PS/Mike in Aug of 2013. So after the latest head failure I said thats it, Im just going to discard the old and order new, as it has to be the ink/magenta is just getting old and causing my problems one way or another. So my new ink arrived and instead of dumping the old down the drain, I thought I would pour it back into its original bottles which I had saved. When pouring the magenta from the squeeze bottle to the original bottles it poured in clumps, like blood clots! Couldn't believe what I was seeing! I poured it back and forth a few times to make sure I wasn't imagining it. At least now I know for sure that was my problem. I plan on ordering the new kit from Mike later this week. So any of you having the magenta problem, maybe want to do as I did and check for clumping in it. Just my two cents, Larry

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
http://www.printerknowledge.com/thr...agenta-issue-on-canons.9694/page-2#post-79213

They will need to figure out what is going on with their dye supplier. I figured out know what is happening with my magenta supplier.

The dye supplier will have to figure out what is going on with his source. This will take time. I don't have time.

I found an alternative that works better than before and the source of dyes is completely differnt from what IS used. That should smash this problem once and for all.

I will need time to get other replacements for magentas listed and I have them now. No IS magentas are being shipped now. Believe me, when I suspected what was going on, dying would have been easier for me.

trashguy9

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hey Mike really appreciate all your hard work. Just so glad we maybe have this thing figured out.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Could it be there is a malfunction in the design and/or manufacturer of the print head?

There is a class action lawsuit against Canon for alleged print head failures that Canon knew about but failed to notify or substantively address with the public. I posted the following link in another thread: http://www.federmanlaw.com/canon-usa-inc-consumer-class-action. None of the printers listed in the lawsuit is the from the Pro-100.

Harvey

Print Addict
Reaction score
Could it be there is a malfunction in the design and/or manufacturer of the print head?

There is a class action lawsuit against Canon for alleged print head failures that Canon knew about but failed to notify or substantively address with the public. I posted the following link in another thread: http://www.federmanlaw.com/canon-usa-inc-consumer-class-action. None of the printers listed in the lawsuit is the from the Pro-100.

The most common error on Canon printheads is B200, this is maybe a
Planned obsolescence.