Mirror Image on Epson T13

razorboybaboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi all!

I recently bought an Epson T13, the supposed "upgrade" of T10. My problem now is it seems they changed the way mirror image works. Has anyone noticed this?

Try this:

* MS Word
* Page Layout, set paper orientation to landscape
* insert a small image
* place that image in the upper left portion of the paper
* invoke the printing dialog box, click Properties.
* in the Page Layout tab, tick the Mirror Image check box, press OK
* Print!

In Epson T10:
* The image should print on the right side of the paper if you are facing the printer.
* The image should be flipped (mirror image)

In Epson T13:
* The paper feeder pulls the paper all the way to the edge of the paper and prints it there, if you are facing the printer, it should be printing on the left side.
* The image should be flipped (mirror image)

If I understand the way it works, T13 now mirror images the whole page in the same orientation as the selected orientation. Unlike T10 where the mirror image is in portrait orientation even if the document's orientation is in landscape.

Now that's a problem to me. I hope they put it back to the way T10 does it. As I have observed with other printers, I also have a Canon iP4760, T-Shirt transfer setting (Epson mirror image counterpart) mirror images the document in a portrait orientation even though the file is in landscape.

Any thoughts on this?

TIA

razorboybaboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Eeeeeventually, I found a work-around. Well, not really a work-around. If this is how T13 behaves now, then this is the way it should be done....

"Rotate 180"

So on Landscape orientation, if you want to print mirror image and you don't want it to print on the other edge of the paper, check Rotate 180 and Mirror Image.

:)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
razorboybaboy

I read your tread twice and cant for the life of me understand it, I am totally confused.
Can you explain it any better? :|

razorboybaboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I really can't. If I'd explain it also in my own language (Filipino), it would come out the same. :-D

But if you do mirror image printing and you own an Epson T10 and T13. Compare the results and you'll see what I mean...maybe. :)

The point is, Mirror image printing in T10 and T13 give different results in terms of printing position if your paper orientation is set to landscape.

Portrait, no problem.

If you are sensitive in where you want the print-out positioned in the paper, this could be a problem. But as I've said, I found a solution by selecting Rotate 180.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi razorboybaboy, sorry for my ignorance as I dont own any Epson printers.
I do mirror imaging as well but I usually let my Adobe software do it for me and the print position can change in some software packages, you just have to beware of it before you commit to print.
Another way to do it is tell your printer to use iron on transfer paper.. :)

razorboybaboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat:
No. I'm sorry that I can't explain it any other way. Perhaps if I have the time, (and if someone is really interested) I'd do a video and post it on youtube. :)

Adobe can, of course, do the flipping but if you are doing 'variable printing', for example, company Identification cards.. in massive quantities... and with a deadline... :D I certainly will not lay it out one by one in adobe and flip it one by one. :rolleyes:

I'm using a database app I developed in 4D (www.4d.com) and it generates the ID's for me using one template I designed... now it's up to the printer's software to do the mirror image. In the case of canon, set media type to T-Shirt Transfers.

One thing with canon's t-shirt transfer method, it changes the color. :mad: So I had to adjust the Color/Intensity all the time for each of my client. Have you noticed this?

Try printing a photo normally on a photo paper. Then using the same image, set media type to T-shirt transfers and print on a photo paper. Compare. The colors are different.

Of course I would understand why canon is behaving this way.. it is because you are changing the "Media Type" therefore it compensates for that kind of media to get the colors right. When as compare to Epson's mirror imaging, it does not change the colors because it is just doing a mirror image anyway. Would you know any other way to mirror image in canon aside from T-Shirt Transfers and flipping in adobe?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
razorboybaboy

I stuck the reply in the wrong post see tread #15 :- iP4700 - your thoughts on CD/DVD printing..
A bit of a gobshite today sorry..:(