Media Street NIAGRA II CFS

PUCKSMA

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have several Canon printers. I have been using the Niagra CFS with my I950 for over a year now. YES , I too have some air problems but correcting the occasional air problem takes alot less time then refilling carts. Media street's inks are less then perfect for canon comparisons, so I use othe ink. I refil carts on a second I950, and my I550. I have had occasional clogs but canon replaced the print heads free of charge, I've owned Epsons with CFS but they are too damn slow and they have slipped behind in quality over the last two years, plus their "chipped " carts took extra steps to refill and left me not ever wanting to purchase another prinnter from them. I'm going to take Colorbat up on their offer for thier CFS. I print calandars and will be willing to try their inks which are supposed to be great. Will post again after I trade & can report.

markhas

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have one Niagra unit it's the original model on a refurbished eppy880 for nearly four years. You had to fill the inks and suck the vacuum yourself. Took me about 45 minutes to install cause I read the manual to the bone and it worked the first time. I did have some minor problems with air during the first year but in the prevailing 3 years and over a half gallon of ink--what's that in cartridges? $15,000.00 dollars?--I haven't had any trouble that I can remember.

Partialy because media street sent a vacuum pump along with their original unit I have now started to build my own CFS and put them on used Epson, Canon, and one HP-2000CES all purchased for $4.99 to $9.99 from Goodwill, Some adapted for CD label printing. They'll make good Xmas presents. Never say Never does not apply to ink jet cartridges. Paper is now my largest cost in inkjet printing.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
markhas,

that's great that your CFS is working out so well for you. Personally I don't print enough to need one, and refilling the Canon carts is just so very easy.

To tell you the truth, I'd love to have an excuse to install a CFS in one of my extra canon i560 's I've got laying around.

I totally agree with your statement about paper being the "largest cost in inkjet printing."

I realized that 90% of what I'm printing day to day is stuff I don't need on nice paper, or anything I'm going to keep. Stuff like directions, to-do lists, and articles I want to read from the net. This being the case I actually have my paper tray full of scratch paper (already printed on one side... stuff they were going to throw out at work). When using this stuff my cost of printing is like .7 cents a print.

illusionstool@aol.com

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have used Media Sreets bulk ink system in many Epson printers for a number of years and like most people I have had problems from time to time!

If you have a problem get in contact with Jessica at Media Street and she will do everything possible to solve the problem.

I agree that Media Street charges much more for their bulk ink system then other companies and I have tried some of the other companies and I found the quality really poor by comparision. Media Street has never ignored me or any of my problems.

If you have a problem give Jessica a try!

Have a great week and I really enjoy this forum.

Ray