max. prints in a month with inkjets

dsixteen

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hi. i want to order a epson r265 but on the website i'm going to order it says montly duty cycle is 1000 pages. is that really true. i didnt see this kind of information on epsons site or any other site. now i'm really confused. can i print more than 1000 sheets with this printer. or what happens if i try to print more than 1000.

InkMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I could be wrong but given that a printer new has a 12 month warrenty then conceivably you would expect to be able to print 12 x 1000 prints without failure. or which ever comes first. Unless you are a profesional printer then 12,000 prints will take several years of normal use. Thats how I interpret it.

dsixteen

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
i print much more than 1000 in a month. thats why i'm asking.

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
If i were you, I'd rather not risk and buy myself a laser printer for that much printing.

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
I would try to find an Epson R2x series printer (Takes the ink in the box with the guitar on it. R200, R300, R320, R220, R340. The 300 series have the photo card slots) and put a CIS on it, if you don't mind dealing with the maintenance of a CIS. You will also need to modify the printer to put the waste ink in an external bottle (which is far easier with these than the C series printers) and use the SSC Service Utility to reset the waste pad full countdown every so often. The piezo printheads in these printers will last a long time as long as they are regularly used and not given a chance to dry out.

Your other option would be to get a HP printer that takes the 88 cartridges, and get refillable, auto-reset cartridges for it. The K550, K5400, and some of the all-in-one printers use these cartridges. The printheads inside the printer are rated for about 40,000 pages (about 3,333 per month).

If you're thinking about printing more than that, a business class laser printer, or a Xerox Phaser (wax stick) printer might be a better option for you.

dsixteen

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
i heard ssc utility doesnt work with r265. is there another way to reset the waste pad?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
There can't be a plain inkjet prints per month number value of somekind, it all boild down to the exact model and do you do any maintenance from time to time.

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I didn't mean to suggest the newer Claria ink printers, since they are more difficult to mod with a CSS due to the reset problems. I only meant to try to find a closeout deal on one of the printers I listed above (Also, the R300M). You should still be able to find them online, an R220 would be good.

dsixteen

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
well i've allready bought an r265:( do you think its going to be possible to reset it soon or i have to use it without waste ink mod?