Lubricant For Canon Printers?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Check out the Molykote EM-30L grease before spending the extra money for the EM-50L

AT first glance the EM-30L looks like a better all round grease for plastic.

I found EM-30L on US ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.X&_nkw=Molykote® EM-30L&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Please let us know what you end up using.

Using your link, I have now ordered a 4 oz. tin of Molykote EM-30L from Ebay US. European distributors were all B2B and offered 1kg as the smallest sale. I am now waiting for delivery.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I remember back years ago in the electronics industry, when silicone greases first came on the market, everyone started using them in the wrong places. The grease was found to migrate over surfaces and onto electrical contacts, causing all sorts of mysterious problems.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
It seems silicone can migrate, so I'm glad I didn't try a silicone grease. I remember some car waxes/polishes containing silicone always seemed to end up on the wind shield, no matter how careful you were when applying and polishing the stuff.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Cleaning a print head is always a bit sort of a mystery and you need luck to do it. I mean to do it in a way that would last longer then nozzle check.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
PeterBJ what are your impressions about the Molykote EM-30L grease?

I ask because I was looking for a plastic safe grease to use in a windshield wiper motor.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I haven't tested the product yet, but I promise to report my impressions when I have used it. The only thing I can tell is that it only took a few days for the grease to arrive in Denmark, shipped from the USA.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
I'm sure I have posted this on another thread but best grease so far is from EPSON.
They have grease and oil, formulated to be used together so you can dilute the grease with oil to make it appropriate for the task.

Grease is called "G-26" 40gram bottle.
Oil is called "O-14" or "OIL O-14" 40gram bottle.

Don't remember the prices but was not cheap. The advantage of this combo is you can adjust viscosity of the grease by adding oil to it. And it's guaranteed to work.

The exact components used is a trade secret I think, but it would be cool to know if any one of you could help with that.