Just something to test if you get a clog

nanosec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I refill a lot. Occasionally, I get a stubborn clog and I run cleaning cycle after cleaning cycle trying to unclog it.

I never really paid attention to the cartridge flushing posts, I figured they we over exuberant when it came to dealing with cartridge restoring.
I've had clogs and pulled the cartridge to see if it was okay and got the customary ink circle when touching the outlet port on the cartridge to paper, thinking the cartridge was fine.

BOY was I wrong!

A few weeks ago I got a clog and flushed the cartridge out and hit it with a steam buggy, and I was back to proper printing after reinstalling the cartridge.

So many times I have always assumed it was the printhead, but now when I've hit this problem, 90 percent of the time it has been the cartridges which have been used heavily.

So food for thought when your nozzle checks are failing, try another cartridge or flush the one you're having problems with.

I know there are pros on here that know this to be true, just want to add my vote and say YES flushing cartridges is good. :)

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Do I need to flush the inkjet cartridge on every ink refill or every now and then is fine - like very 3d time?

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
nanosec,... I've been refilling the same iP6600d ink carts for over 2 years and have not had to flush them yet. Of course I have always made sure I NEVER EVER LET ANY CART RUN DRY. I ALSO TRY AND PRINT SOMETHING EVERYDAY, WHICH ALLOWS ME TO PLACE CLOSE ATTENTION TO INK LEVELS AND QUALITY.

I think the best solution to keeping a printhead for a long time as well as ink carts, is to have excellent everyday maintenance of your printer. In my home I am running 4 printers all the time. They all get used for different applications, like faxes, copies, printing small to medium high quality photos, and last but not least, printing large format color photos for display. I also make sure I use TOP Quality ink, which I have done for the last 2 years. I fix a lot of printers and currently I have about 50+ printers in my house. Most of them are Canon printers, about 1/4 are HP printers, and 1/8th are Epson. I have bulk ink and refill the ink carts for all of these. Of course each printer brand has their own ink, and I have two different inks for the Canon printers.