ix6850 - Stubborn banding defying me

camshill

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ix6850
Appreciate your help please.

Canon ix6850 banding. Tried the usual things - nozzle clean, head alignment, changed ink cartridge (genuine Canon), uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, power reset - all to no avail.

Nozzle check consistently shows banding of only the Cyan first print section regardless of cartridge in use.

Appreciate any guidance as to what to try next.

Many thanks
Roger

IMG_7673.jpg

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Sad to say but the printhead has suffered an electronic damage and only a new printhead can resolve the error. Only buy a new printhead from a regular dealer of Canon spare parts,

Avoid "refurbished" printheads from eBay, Amazon, Alibaba and similar. These are most often defective printheads that have been cleaned to look like new.

camshill

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ix6850
Many thanks for answering even if not the answer I wanted to hear but better to know and get it replaced. I'll search one out and order it, noting your advice on only going for new Canon stock.

Thanks again
Roger

camshill

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ix6850
Sad to say but the printhead has suffered an electronic damage and only a new printhead can resolve the error. Only buy a new printhead from a regular dealer of Canon spare parts,

Avoid "refurbished" printheads from eBay, Amazon, Alibaba and similar. These are most often defective printheads that have been cleaned to look like new.
Following up on this issue. You were absolutely correct in your diagnosis. I purchased a new printhead as you recommended and the printer is now operating like new. Perfect and thanks again for your help.
Roger

frustratedprinter

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon iX6850
Following up on this issue. You were absolutely correct in your diagnosis. I purchased a new printhead as you recommended and the printer is now operating like new. Perfect and thanks again for your help.
Rog
I'm curious to know what operating system you are printing from? I've had no end of Canon print head failures recently after years of printing 10K+ sheets from iX6850's

camshill

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ix6850
I'm curious to know what operating system you are printing from? I've had no end of Canon print head failures recently after years of printing 10K+ sheets from iX6850's
Nothing fancy... Windows 10 Home Edition