Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP7220
iP7220 will not print multiple pages.

Michael DAVIS

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP7220
My printer is a network printer. When I try to print a multiple page PDF, the printer will print one page and then stop halfway through the next page.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
OK but more information is still needed like are you connect to the network by Cat 5 cable or Wi-Fi, what O/S are you using and which App do you use to print your PDF’s from, do this happen with other App’s also when you go to print. ?
The more history you provide the better the diagnoses..

Michael DAVIS

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP7220
My printer is on a WiFi network. There are two computers, both using W7. One 32 bit and one 64 bit. I am printing the PDFs from Adobe Reader. The same result occurs printing from either computer.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@Michael DAVIS, it sounds like your having some sort of break up of your signal between the computer and the printer ! as to what sort of problem is way beyond by capabilities I’m afraid, I hate Wi-Fi printing because it's outside my control and so would never consider using it.

Now there are many guys on here who absolutely adore using Wi-Fi on everything and they will be able to make much better suggestions as to what is causing this pesky problem for you..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Sounds like a data spooling issue, such as the memory fills up but does not replenish with new data so printing stops. Obstruction to signal would create problems from the start of printing, not in the middle, unless there is some electrical interference that pulses just after the first print spool fills up -- unlikely but stranger things have known to occur.

I am not a WiFi guru, so I'll let others help with that. I do have some suggestions to try. One place to start is to isolate the problem.

-- You can begin by connecting the printer directly to one of the computers via a cable.

-- Another start point would be to uninstall Adobe, reboot, then reinstall a freshly downloaded copy of Adobe, reboot, then try to print again.

-- You could try uninstalling the printer and then shut down, then reinstall the printer.

-- You could uninstall your wireless network and then reinstall. Not a pretty suggestion. Simpler would be uninstall the wireless printer setup, reboot then reinstall.

msmart

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4500
I looked at the reviews for your printer at BH Photo and several said they had problems with WiFi printing.

I was going to ask if it's all multi-page PDFs or just this one?

Added: you could try right clicking on the printer, choose Properties > Advanced tab and change from spooling to direct print as a test.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
You could also try a Defrag of the swap file that too can effect the print spooler performance..