InkTec ink Problems?

Red John

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi, I received 5 x 200 ml INKTEC PGI-520BK / CLI-521Y / CLI-521M / CLI-521C / CLI-521BK yesterday and I will prove InkTec ink when oem cartridges arriving to an end. I paid 40 EURO with postage included to my country.

I have also acquired Hobbicolors ink, due to the good reputation that has been read here for some expert users.

I asked about these problems with the ink pigment by InkTec research reported in the forum. I hope I did not find any problems with this ink and enjoy it in the future.

Thanks.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Thanks so much for posting the information that Inktec is now offering another pigment black ink for the PGI-520 (PGI-220 in the USA). I have ordered some of this ink so that I can include it in my waste ink pad clogging test. I just started my testing a few days ago, but it's not too late to play catchup.

leo8088

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I contacted Dave at Hobbicolors and confirmed with him that they have been through 4 different pigment black inks. Only the latest two were code named PMT-BK. The current PMT-BK is sourced from Sensient Technology made in Mexico. I remember they had one code named something -3eBK. It was for printers with BCI-3ebk ink cartridges. Dave said to use the new PMT-BK for those cartridges. The ink is much more forgiving to clogging in the sponge. I asked him if he knows about Inktec's old BCI-3ebk ink. He seemed to be unaware of it.