Ink refilling for Canon Pixma MP640

furio

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
My printer uses CLI-521BK/M/C/Y and PGI-520BK and I considering to buy this chipresetter . Please tell me your opinion about this product.

Also I need good quality ink or ink filling kit. I'm thinking about Inktec refilling kit.

Also I want to know people opinion on Refill friendly MP980 cartridges . Is worth buying or is it better to refill OEM cartridges.

And few more questions:
How long cartridges can stay empty? And do I need to replace them if they're empty for to long?
What the best/good place to buy refilling stuff on the internet?

Sorry for my strange and bad English. :D

sllowmail

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I hv experience using Canon IP4200 printer which uses PGI-5BK & CLI-8 carts. After refilling the OEM carts, I reset them with a resetter. The refilled OEM carts work as good as new. I understand that there are also compatible carts in the market, shop around and you will find what you want.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
My goodness....the "asking for our opinion" technique......

Well the peach resetter is quite good. I am using it myself. I would stick with original cartridges, which are far superior to any refillable cartridges.

Hey, why asking about MP980 refillable cartridges if you only have a MP640 ??? Is this a subtile way to SPAM ??? If so, be better and be consistent and link to refillable cartridges for "your" MP640, which does NOT have the CLI-521 grey cartridge..... I can tell you that tintenalarm.de also has refillable cartridges for your MP640.

Anyhow, can someone help me not to think this is not SPAM ???

furio

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Sorry about the link, wanted to post this one Refill friendly CANON 520/521 cartridges, but ended posting the other one because I was in a rush (don't remember why :D). Anyone can tell me how long can cartridge stay empty and how to clean them??? I'm kinda new in this stuff :) And I'm not a spammer...